Please give customer service the discretion to correct extreme RNG discrepancies.

TheSeven
TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In

Now, I understand we do not want players filing tickets every time they pull a sixth cover, but there are extreme circumstances that should be corrected by customer services.

In my instance, I had a Riri sitting at 5-4-2 with a blue cover dying on the vine. Between classic and latest tokens I had about 80 pulls. I set Riri as my bonus hero. The plan was to start with the classics then work through the latest until I got the two covers I needed then stop. By the time I got through all my tokens I had 12 Riri covers: 9 blue and 3 Red. 

In hindsight, I should have kept 120 CP just in case, but in fairness, I had about 50 latest tokens (I really did not want to open them because I don’t really value the 5 stars the hold, but would it I had to). It did not occur to me that in a random sample of twelve covers I would not get at least one of every cover.

I contacted customer services on the off chance they might show me some compassion and exchange a blue for a green. I expected them to say no and they did. 

To be fair, their logic is sound – every possible distribution is equally likely to have happened. Therefore, it was just my bad luck that I got the distribution that I did. Logically, they have every reason to say no.

However, from my perspective, I believe that good customer service would look at a circumstance like this and think, “Here’s someone who played long enough and hard enough to gather enough resources for 80 pulls, which is a significant amount of play. This is his thanks for that effort. Our game has left him feeling understandably dejected. We don’t want our game to make any of our players feel that way. How do we make this one feel better?” 

Again, saying “no” is every bit your right. I just think saying “yes” is better for the health of your game.

I’ll probably be able to earn 120 CP before most of those covers expire so it’s not a really big deal. It’s just that the gesture would have been appreciated.