iOS Lost Accounts After 2.2 - Update (8/3/17) [Fixed in 2.2.1]

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Following the 2.2 patch update, there were a number of players on iOS that had their accounts seemingly reverted back to the beginning of the game, losing all of their progress. This was a rather unfortunate circumstance that ended up occurring, and we want to apologize for the inconvenience.

The good news is that the developers have been working on a fix that will automatically restore any lost accounts.  This fix is scheduled to take place early next week.  From communication with our customer support team, we have been able to restore almost all account requests we have received. We understand that there is a small population of players that are still unable to get into the game, and this update next week will fix the issue.

Once this fix is in place, we will be sending out gifts to all players affected by this issue, based on severity, as a thank you for your patience and understanding.  In the meantime, please check out our FAQ HERE for tips on how to restore your account and/or reach out to support for further assistance.

Thank you,
- D3 Go!

Update: The 2.2.1 patch containing the fix for iOS account saves is now live! Please be sure to update to this patch, in order to restore your lost account, should you still be encountering this issue. 

Comments

• sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the fix, it has worked!
  • Drawxne
    Drawxne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Odd, the update to patch 2.2.1 actually DELETED my account! I've never used the Facebook save feature, so I'm at a loss to what to do. I've already sent in a ticket, but this really upsets me, especially since I just purchased the Locust God bundle.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I lost my account too after updating to v2.2.1. No facebook backup either. already cut a ticket. 
  • MarsDeon
    MarsDeon Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lost my account after 2.2.1 update too. I've played without FB connection. Please  resolve requested ticket.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The 2.2.1 update created a new empty account on my iPhone without asking.

Luckily I had a screenshot off my old account info screen because even last year people were getting wiped out and no, having a Facebook account didn't save most people like D3 claims.  Having a screenshot of your UID, etc & access to your original email did.  In fact most of the problems were caused by Facebook mismatching accounts, etc and Facebook login has done the same to other games and services.

• Michaelo
    Michaelo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also lost my account due to that 2.2.1 update on my iPhone.
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was fine until the 2.2.1 updated actually deleted my account. I thought it was supposed to FIX this problem, not cause it? :(
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My account was restored via purchase history.

• MarsDeon
    MarsDeon Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ok. You broke and then restore accounts. Will you compensate lost everyday rewards, missed events etc.?

@Brigby Please comment this, because I can't get answer from support.