Code Captain Marvel and Blade to be the same person

Options
zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
Yeah, this is really just a grief post, but I'm tired of seeing these two together in Simulator 50 60 70 percent of the time. Blade is bad enough on his own, destroying you just because the AI decides to keep dropping in red, no matter how hard you try to control it. Carol adeed to it is just abusive.

Maybe this should have been a "Who's tired of them?" poll.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carol, Medusa, and Bl4de are just the latest 4-star fads. Riri's on the rise next and is a good counter. These things are cyclical. Look on the bright side, at least you don't see Charlie's Angels 70% of the time, or IM40/Peggy 70% of the time...

I hear it's worse in 5-star land. Evidently Thanos is in 99.9279% of all teams.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Charlie's Angels is an attack team, not a defense team. IM40 + Peggy is more beatable than Carol + Blade. It's Medusa that's the 4* Thanos (use-wise). The other 2 don't need her to do what they do. Or rather, what they don't do since they are just a pile of passiveness.

And seriously, Charlie's Angels, I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Pre-champions, I had an amazing match against a pair of 166 ladies with the lower level Chuck. I went in intending to tank my score using IM35, Storm (Modern), and Black Widow (Modern). Through some incredibly good fortune, no match 5s for them, kept SWitch under control with stings until she died, took out Chuck next, only lost Storm, and used a Panther Battleplan team up to help finish Widow. Only ability they used was Widow's Pistol (which seriouly needs a buff; just removing the cost increase would do it), and even IM35's protects were more than enough to deal with everything. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Weird. This season I'm seeing much more of Gamora, R&G, Medusa. Now that's a vicious team to fight. Give me Carol and Blade any day over that trio.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I never minded Charlie's Angels. Prof X never had enough HP to matter.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    None of them are tough to beat with a little strategy and foresight, Carol and Blade included. I can sympathize with seeing them all the time, however. For every five nodes I look at in the SHIELD sim, four of them have C4rol, and three of those will have Medusa and Blade too.

This will eventually pass and some new flavor of the month will take over.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Carol, Medusa, and Bl4de are just the latest 4-star fads. Riri's on the rise next and is a good counter. 
    I'm not sure I can agree with this. Riri's rise was pretty much the result of a rebalance and a buff at the same time, but now that she's not buffed anymore, she's pretty much level with other 4*s (which is what a good rebalancing should do).

However, she's not a good counter to these 3 now that she no longer gathers and locks special tiles, since that's the fuel for the ridiculous combos they put out. Unless you get enough green to keep juggling Medusa until she dies, these 3 will keep pumping out and amping up special tiles and healing every time you're forced to match one away.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, please please for the love of tinykitty please tell me what magic power of Riri's I'm missing! Until then, these 3 are broken levels of powerful.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Weird. This season I'm seeing much more of Gamora, R&G, Medusa. Now that's a vicious team to fight. Give me Carol and Blade any day over that trio.
    Or Medusa / Carol / R&G. If Rocket gets his blue out, and Carol is still alive, kiss your butt goodbye. And I've no idea how to counter a champ R&G / champ Medusa combo. You're eating, what, 2K per turn passive damage right from the start?
  • zodiac339
    Options
    granne said:
    Or Medusa / Carol / R&G. If Rocket gets his blue out, and Carol is still alive, kiss your butt goodbye. And I've no idea how to counter a champ R&G / champ Medusa combo. You're eating, what, 2K per turn passive damage right from the start?
    Thing. Set to 5/5/3. Try pairing with Wasp. Unfortunate they're harder to get, but if you already have them, Thing moves up and drops the wall. Chuck makes a fun third. Just stun Medusa when you can.
    Alternatively, Thing, Wasp, and Grocket and once Thing drops protects, you have everything Wasp needs to flip with yellow.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The problem with these teams is Medusa. She's the enabler. Blade/Carol is giving way to R&G/Gamora with medusa still in there.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa Carnage Iceman combat both M/C/B teams and M/R4G/G teams well. First you need to stun Medusa, then start matching evry special tile you can. Stun locking the entire opposing team is not that hard if Medusa keeps supplying you with blue ap. I have multiple SS on my phone of the other team stunned for 4/3/2 turns, 4/4/3, and 4/3/3. Plus Medusa generates green and purple, I've literally hit Icemans 12 ap whiteout 4 times in the same match!! Another bonus over two seasons I've been running this team, I've only seen 2 other people with the same combo.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I miss the days of fighting 4* teams in Sim. Teams with just 15,000 hit points per person aren't so bad... I'll gladly take those over 40,000 to 60,000+ (ugh, Thanos) per person!