Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How do you gain Marvel Insider points?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    300,000? What a joke. I can only imagine how long it'd take to get that many points with how slowly you accumulate them.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sign up at marvel Insider, there's all kinds of activities to earn points, mostly visiting their webpages
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    300,000? What a joke. I can only imagine how long it'd take to get that many points with how slowly you accumulate them.
    A lot less time than you would think.  I did the one that gave you 50K ISO, I think it was 250K to get it.  Just through clicking through the free stuff it was easily achievable in a month.  Might try for that again.  I should have a few points left from last time I hit that site up.  
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just signed up for it, here's a referral link:  https://marvel.com/insider?_cts_=aFOddEzN

If anyone uses that to sign up, post your own link below and maybe we can get a referral chain going!  1000 points each. :)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using Marvel Insider for as long as it's been around (I think about a year now). It is a piece of junk. Half the time I click on links to get points, and the Marvel website just freezes, and even if it doesn't and the link opens, I still don't get points. There are some links I gave up on ever getting points for after clicking 20 times, opening them up, and watching a video. I have around 400k points I earned in that time without spending money on anything. Most of them were one time bonuses, or the rare rewards they gave for downloading one of their games, or beating a certain mission in that game (mainly Contest of Champions lately). I signed up for the one free year of Marvel Unlimited, which was either 500k or 600k. Of course, right when I almost have enough points, they remove that reward. For such a big company, they have horrible website design and support services. Don't even get me started on all the bugs on Marvel Unlimited app.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    I just signed up for it, here's a referral link:  https://marvel.com/insider?_cts_=aFOddEzN

If anyone uses that to sign up, post your own link below and maybe we can get a referral chain going!  1000 points each. :)
    I just tried to use your link to sign up (hey, free points, I'm in!), and when I click "Create an Account" it just refreshes the same page with the same button. I've tried both with and without the "Spam me" button checked. Not a promising start...

EDIT: Apparently the 18th (or so) time is the charm, because it finally worked. Hope you got your points! :smiley:
  • Nepenthe
    Options
    @sim mayor It took me a couple tries too. Try clicking the head & shoulders person icon in the upper right and then the resend verification email link. Then check your spam folder for the email, cuz that's where mine ended up.

I'm up to 25k points now from linking social media and clicking the articles.  When I get to wifi I'll download Contest of Champions for 20k more.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip said:
    A lot less time than you would think.  I did the one that gave you 50K ISO, I think it was 250K to get it.  Just through clicking through the free stuff it was easily achievable in a month.  Might try for that again.  I should have a few points left from last time I hit that site up.  

Don't want to be Mr Negative here, but after 4 months of clicking on links and doing other free stuff, I got about 200,000 points. I don't play Contest of Champions, so maybe that gives insane amounts of points, but otherwise you might take a bit longer than 1 month to get to 300K.

And you can sign up when you live outside the US, however I don't know if I'll be able to claim any rewards though.

• Nepenthe
    Options
    How long do these offers usually last?  Seems like it might expire before new joiners can get the points.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    How long do these offers usually last?  Seems like it might expire before new joiners can get the points.
    I'm curious about this as well - I don't mind clicking on a few links/trying some games to earn the points, but I'd hate to spend six weeks doing it and then no offers are available for MPQ. Do the insider points ever expire?
  • xdogg
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    I believe the last reward was 50k iso which was on Marvel Insider for close to a year, they just replaced it with the HP reward
  • xdogg
    Options
    Now they have a 3* Daredevil cover reward for 100,000 points, almost got me there, if it would have been the new Daredevil cover I would have got it  :(
  • xdogg
    Options
    ]

Finish with 300+ points