Stuck in Level 4 for Mind Season with a paltry Heroic Token as the 4000 point reward

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
Somehow I've managed to lock myself into PvP Level 4 and so my 4000 point reward is no longer a Heroic 10-pack but a single Heroic token. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Was it because I selected a Level 4 slice for the first PvP event, so now I'm "stuck" in Level 4 land for the entire Season?

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yes. If you select your season level first, you can choose whichever level you want for the first event. If you choose the event level first, it selects the same level for the season.
  • JSP869
    Ahh, thank you! I'll have to remember that when the next Season ends. That, and avoid the temptation to cheat and punch below my weight class ;)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    granne said:
    Yes. If you select your season level first, you can choose whichever level you want for the first event. If you choose the event level first, it selects the same level for the season.
    WOW! Is this common knowledge? I had no idea... 
  • granne
    I'm pretty sure it was announced when SCLs came in, but that was a while ago now.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Ahh, thank you! I'll have to remember that when the next Season ends. That, and avoid the temptation to cheat and punch below my weight class ;)
    Watch out or you'll end up like Kramer. King of the dojo but then the scl4s jump you in the back of an alley late one night with their max champed 2s and handful of champed 3s.
  • JSP869
    Ha ha! I'm listening to the Puzzle Warriors podcast at the moment and they just discussed choosing to fight either one Hulk-sized Howard the Duck, or ten Howard-sized Hulks. Now I'm envisioning being surrounded and attacked by a bunch of 4th grader-sized Hulks, and...you know, now that I think about it, that wouldn't actually be as funny as you might think :worried:

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it totally sucks.  I don't think anyone can fix it for you either.  In the interest of clarity.  I would remind all users that:

1.  Pick your Season Cl before;
    2.  you pick your Shield Sim CL and before
    3.  you pick your event clearance level.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    *pours out a beer for OP's lost goodies*
  • shardwick
    JSP869 said:
    Ha ha! I'm listening to the Puzzle Warriors podcast at the moment and they just discussed choosing to fight either one Hulk-sized Howard the Duck, or ten Howard-sized Hulks. Now I'm envisioning being surrounded and attacked by a bunch of 4th grader-sized Hulks, and...you know, now that I think about it, that wouldn't actually be as funny as you might think :worried:

I used to work with kids in an after school program. I don't think that 4th graders ever run out of stamina until they turn 30. Definitely don't want to mix that with Hulk.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    @JSP869. Same thing happened to me 2 seasons ago. I even emailed in to see if they would change it for me, noting that I hadn't played a match or received any rewards, they said no. Sucked!
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Ouch that's rough...but maybe a little karma for punching below your weight.
  • JSP869
    dstann said:
    Ouch that's rough...but maybe a little karma for punching below your weight.
    I agree. I've got nobody to blame for this but myself. Karma, pure & simple.

At least I know how to prevent it happening next Season, thanks to the tips from Granne and Phumade.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    It it's any consolation, I got nine 2 stars and one  3 star in my 10 pack.  So, you could always have that.

• granne
    It it's any consolation, I got nine 2 stars and one  3 star in my 10 pack.  So, you could always have that.

Me too, although my 3* came with a bonus hero.

Somehow I doubt this is any consolation to the OP.
  • shardwick

Yeah, I don't really trust that I will get anything out of 10 packs anymore except for almost all 2s. The season before vaulting started was my very last great 10 pack. I think I got four 2s, three 3s and three 4s. I felt like I had won the jackpot. Even bought a 10 pack for Mockingbird but got like eight 2s, two 3s and a bonus 3. 
  • JSP869
    granne said:

Me too, although my 3* came with a bonus hero.

Somehow I doubt this is any consolation to the OP.
    You know what they say: Misery loves Company :smile:
    I'm not saying I'm getting joy out of others pain, but this thread has definitely become a "pick me up" and I do appreciate everyone sharing.
    Thanks all!