Rating prompt has no option to stop bothering me [Devs Aware]

Options
Eyris6
Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
So, there are a few options here. One is that I'm pretty sure that on iOS these days you're not even allowed to do the custom rating prompt you have: https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/09/app-rating-custom-prompts-app-store-banned/

But even if that was allowed, it still needs an option for "no I won't rate this, stop asking". Not everyone leaves App Store ratings/reviews, and they shouldn't have to dismiss this prompt so often (every day? haven't tracked it).

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, it was really annoying so in the end I rated it 1 star just because of the annoying prompt. I had it come up at least once every time I restarted the app after closing it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @Eyris6. I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving the app rating prompt so frequently! Once a day certainly doesn't sound like the intended behavior, so I've passed this concern along to the developers.

Update: Looks like the developers were able to locate your account, and they have confirmed that what you are personally encountering, is in fact a bug.

We're terribly sorry about this experience. They have opened a report, and will be investigating your account.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
     I am personally encountering this as well. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It also happens to me.
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for looking into this @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @Skiglass6 and @rafalele
    How many times a day would you say you're encountering the app rating prompt?
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I get it 2 or 3 times a day, depending on how often I play. Getting really close to giving it 1 star for the constant pestering, and the fact the devs actively don't listen to the players.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @naphomci It seems you're also affected by this bug, as the frequency you're encountering seems much higher than intended, if you're getting it 2-3 times a day. 

Thankfully the developers are aware of this issue now, and they will be working on a fix.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I received the rating prompt depending on how much battles I play.

I think that I see it always after winning some battles in a row.

I can tell you that today I have already seen it three times. Now has passed 8 hours since I played the first Battle today.
  • naphomci
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @naphomci It seems you're also affected by this bug, as the frequency you're encountering seems much higher than intended, if you're getting it 2-3 times a day. 

Thankfully the developers are aware of this issue now, and they will be working on a fix.
    For some days, that is not an exaggeration. When we had the triple events over the weekend, I got it at least 3 times each of Saturday and Sunday.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was experiencing it as well. Gave a 1 star review so it would stop bothering me. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was experiencing it as well. Gave a 1 star review so it would stop bothering me. 
    Me too. When it asks you for feedback just put 'read the forums'. There's plenty there.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
     I'm about to give a 1 star as well to make it go away. I get it at least 3 times a day. If they're going to change things so we have to log on more frequently to get the same exact rewards (4-hour refreshes and 2- hour free cards) I'd at least like to not put up with annoying pop up ads.
  • naphomci
    Options
    Brigby said:

Did this update fix this?

I got the prompt twice on Saturday, thrice on Sunday, and once already today. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    @naphomci
    Unfortunately the 2.2.1 update did not contain a fix for this bug. There is an internal bug report open for this issue, and the development team are investigating and developing a fix for it as we speak.

Apologies for the inconvenience everyone.
  • G_pretender
    G_pretender Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have already rated the game and keep getting this at least once every day. Super anoying. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've gotten this request 4 times now today. It's gotten pretty obnoxious, especially as you stated, there's no way to permanently dismiss the request. Makes me want to rate the game 1-star just out of spite. 
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I didn't rate it 1 star out of spite, but the constant nagging caught me at a weak moment. I did add a nice laundry list of my gripes with this game in my feedback to go along with my low rating. The nagging was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I always give nagware the lowest possible rating.

In this case, they also reset my paid account without asking so I'd give a negative rating if that was possible.

• Slypenslyde
    Slypenslyde Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Relief is coming in iOS 11. 

Apps will no longer be allowed to display a custom rating dialog. An API has been added to display a dialog, and it will be allowed only 3 times per year. If the user has submitted a rating, it will not be displayed. There will also be a system-wide setting to turn off the dialogs in all applications.

The main problem with any review system is angry people are more likely to engage than happy people, I imagine these prompts lead to more bad reviews than good ones.