Black Panther 5* returning from airborne results in claw

Options
Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
This is half bug, half possibly incomplete description. You tell me. I used Riri's green on Black Panther, which self stunned him but also proceeded to send him airborne - which by all indications should cancel the fact that he was ever stunned. However, he returned from being airborne and landed a panther claw on me, which goes against his wording (If he returns from stun or invisible, deal x damage). This leads me to believe that BP was originally intended to do claw damage while returning from all forms of being removed from battle including airborne, and that it just isn't in the description.

Can a dev clarify which it is?

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Akari, I'm having some trouble reproducing the issue that you've reported. Would you mind giving us some more information to test this issue further? Including the characters that were on your team and the enemy team and which powers were used to trigger the issue? Additionally, can you please describe the process that was used to trigger the reported issue so we can test this problem further? 
  • Akari
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Tombstone This was in Deadpool PvP. My team was boosted Deadpool 261 (406), Vulture 220 4/5/4 (295), Riri 318 4/5/4 (420) vs a Deadpool 227 5/3/5 (don't recall boosted level), Thanos 5* 460 5/3/5, Black Panther 5* 450 4/4/5. Riri does 7600 with green. I used her green against Black Panther, who nullified 60% of it, showed his self stun animation, then went airborne for 2 turns. When he landed, he came back with a panther claw to hit me for 12k.

I used Riri green on Rulk before and it sent him airborne before triggering his anger passive, so I expected it to do the same to Panther, but it worked a bit differently somehow.

Edit: I have duplicated the bug. I used OML/Riri/Vulture vs BP/Thanos/Silver Surfer in Sim. I did enough damage to BP to trigger his self stun, then used Riri green to send him airborne. When he landed, he used his claw again. I will try again using Riri green without activating his stun - but again, sending him airborne should completely reset the fact that he was stunned in the first place.

Edit 2: I tried it again, also in Sim, where Riri green only does 3400 damage, not enough to send BP airborne. This time, when he landed, he did not use a claw, so it's the fact that he was stunned initially that's triggering it.

Loving that I can beat BP Thanos with these 4s though!

Edit 3: tl;dr for clarity - If BP is stunned before he is sent airborne, he returns with a claw. If he is sent airborne without having been stunned, he does not.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Akari, thanks for the extra information! I was able to reproduce the issue between Riri Williams (Ironheart) and Black Panther (Civil War). It seems that the power is only triggering when the Stun and Airborne conditions are triggered simultaneously, as this does not work if Black Panther (Civil War) is sent Airborne after being stunned or becoming invisible through other means. 

I have informed the rest of the team about this issue, thank you for reporting the problem!
  • Akari
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hmm, I did not test by stunning BP by other means other than his passive, I'm glad you tested that aspect for me. Glad to see a positive response!

P.S. @Tombstone any word on fixing the BP black TU version? It doesn't work at all, deals no extra damage
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari said:

P.S. @Tombstone any word on fixing the BP black TU version? It doesn't work at all, deals no extra damage
    That one's a known bug.  In my opinion, the power simply needs to be marked as ineligible for TU.
  • Akari
    Options
    Oh ok, I made a post about it but it was ignored. You can either mark it as ineligible or make it work as intended, either way is fine. Then again, seeing 'Devs aware' 3 months ago with no updates makes me wary about his response to this post too.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Some bugs are easier to fix than others.  Some are a higher priority than others, too.  A TU that doesn't do anything is annoying, but eventually people learn to just throw those away.  I imagine the TU one is a trivial fix if they use my suggestion and a complex one if they hope to make it work (and if they do, it might become the most sought-after TU in the game), but it's probably also low priority because it's a minor annoyance when there are other powers out there that have serious flaws.

As always, I am not speaking on behalf of D3 or Demiurge.  I'm a community volunteer for the forum, not an employee.
  • Akari
    Options
    Dayv said:
    Some bugs are easier to fix than others.  Some are a higher priority than others, too.  A TU that doesn't do anything is annoying, but eventually people learn to just throw those away.  I imagine the TU one is a trivial fix if they use my suggestion and a complex one if they hope to make it work (and if they do, it might become the most sought-after TU in the game), but it's probably also low priority because it's a minor annoyance when there are other powers out there that have serious flaws.

As always, I am not speaking on behalf of D3 or Demiurge.  I'm a community volunteer for the forum, not an employee.
    So you're saying BP black TU is the 5* Rag blue TU!  :D