Quick PVP question

jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
When I'm playing a PVP match with "wounded" or not full strength characters, are the people that try to fight back or take down my team for the first time getting my full strength team or is my level being adjusted to match my decrease in health.  For instance if my health on the current PVP is normally 18,000 for Cap; if I play him with a health of 16,000, are people going to fight back or fight him for the first time at the 18,000 health or the 16,000 health?  Any answers that anyone has on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'd have to say with the frequency I go into battles without full health everyone else HAS to be doing the same and I've never seen reduced health on the enemy team. 
  • jtsings
    My thought was that maybe the it shows up in the other persons roster as a lower level, so I wouldn't really know that unless I personally knew that persons roster.  So for example, if I entered a match of PVP with R&G with 1k health (because I knew I could get a yellow match right away) will it show up in my roster as a R&G at like level 40 to adjust for his very low health.  Only reason I'm asking is that it seems to me that I get a lot less losses and attacks when I have a full strength team rather than a wounded team in PVP.
  • jtsings
    Milk Jugz said:
    Yeah, I'd have to say with the frequency I go into battles without full health everyone else HAS to be doing the same and I've never seen reduced health on the enemy team. 

K, I just made a bad assumption then.  Thanks for the feedback!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Full health.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Wasn't always that way, but yes - 100% strength
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtsings said:
    My thought was that maybe the it shows up in the other persons roster as a lower level, 
    Level also impacts match damage, not just health.  They wouldn't impose that kind of penalty on you.  You can also check your opponent's roster.  Just tap on their name on the pre-battle screen.  The boosted characters will have their level adjusted, but non-boosted will match every time.

I'm guessing your experience at losing fewer matches with a full-strength team is just coincidence.  Or maybe it's systemic in the sense that when you leave your team wounded, it means you're out of health packs and at the end of your run.  As such your point total is on average higher than usual so you're visible to more opponents.

Or MMR is just picking on you because it wants you to buy health packs.  Makes about as much sense as anything else in PvP.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    I think it has always been this way, but waaaay back in the day if the defensive team beat you there was an option to hit them again and the defensive team would carry over their damage from the first match.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I borrow this thread for a simple question. Hope thats okey.

If i play PvP with a character covered 5-3-5 then change the formation to 3-5-5 in PvE. Does the formation that i Played in last won PvP match remain for my defensive team or does it change depending on how i have set my covers when im going offline? 
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    talleman said:

If i play PvP with a character covered 5-3-5 then change the formation to 3-5-5 in PvE. Does the formation that i Played in last won PvP match remain for my defensive team or does it change depending on how i have set my covers when im going offline? 
    Changing the specs in pve after the pvp fight does not change what opponents see in pvp.
  • talleman
    MojoWild said:
    talleman said:

Changing the specs in pve after the pvp fight does not change what opponents see in pvp.
    Okey, and i can have different cover formations (or "specs" as you call them) in different PvPs aswell without them change?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    talleman said:
    MojoWild said:
    talleman said:

Okey, and i can have different cover formations (or "specs" as you call them) in different PvPs aswell without them change?
    I'd imagine so since they're separate events and each has an unique third character specific to that event.
  • talleman
    MojoWild said:
    talleman said:
    MojoWild said:
    talleman said:

I'd imagine so since they're separate events and each has an unique third character specific to that event.
    Okey. Tyvm :)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you imagine how much that would suck if it was set up like that? Their Carol killed off your Riri and 3Cap, you limped out with a win though with IM40 at 25% health. Now everyone that fights you only has to kill off a barely alive IM40 to get the win.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Rod5 said:
    I think it has always been this way, but waaaay back in the day if the defensive team beat you there was an option to hit them again and the defensive team would carry over their damage from the first match.
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about the 3-attempts thing. Used to just whittle people down constantly in those days.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Rod5 said:
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about the 3-attempts thing. Used to just whittle people down constantly in those days.
    Yeah, there LITERALLY was no such thing as a defensive team. All you could do was try and scare people into skips (no skip tax back then) with a tough looking team.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Involving 3* Hulk, no doubt.