Are muscle strike tiles working like intended in Meet Rocket and Groot?

I dont remember strike tiles ever boosting by as much as they are at the moment.

Anyone else noticing strike tiles boosting attacks far more then they should be or have been boosted?

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Did you recently roster a 5* ?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I have not added any 5 stars, i have added Mockingbird and Peggy. Both 4 stars. I have not made any significant improvement in the highest characters either.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm...It could be that now your scaling has moved up pass a break-point or something. Although, I don't notice that they do any more devastating than usual though.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah they seem normal to me, fifth clear of node 6 on the first sub 2 strikes, 2500+ each. Glad Elektra is boosted to steal those!! 
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    There's no change. They are just as absurd as always.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seem normal(ly insanely high) to me.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep...they've always been crazy.  If you've got them rostered, try using Elektra/Scarlet Witch/C4ge.  Either steal them with Elektra, or reduce/eliminate them with C4ge.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I think this was the first time since the Prologue that several of my team got destroyed by Muscles. Bad boards + only one boosted 4* (Riri, not maxed) and it was a nightmare. Luckily, the Mystique round is soo much easier, which is weird, since it's supposed be harder.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, this is totally normal, a 2 AP (or 3?) ability creating 2 strike tiles over 1k+ is perfectly normal /s

Seriously, I wish they'd remove the Maggias from the 1st sub of Meet R&G, they don't even make any sense within the story and we fight them in like 3/4 of the events. Not only that, but they pair them with Hood and Juggernaut which makes it even more infuriating.

I spent 10 health packs trying to beat the Mockingbird essential (MusclesX2 + 3*Bullseye) 4 times, I was fuming after I was done.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Yep...they've always been crazy.  If you've got them rostered, try using Elektra/Scarlet Witch/C4ge.  Either steal them with Elektra, or reduce/eliminate them with C4ge.
    Other good stealers include Antman and Medusa. I've been using my lv150 4/5/4 Antman against lower-level Muscles (and champed Elektra for higher-level ones), and I can't wait for the Threaten tiles to proc
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Other good stealers include Antman and Medusa. I've been using my lv150 4/5/4 Antman against lower-level Muscles (and champed Elektra for higher-level
    ones), and I can't wait for the Threaten tiles to proc

This advice always makes me angry that we haven't gotten the new fixed levels for PVE yet.
    Try using Elektra and Antman to steal those tiles with 5* scaling.
    They don't make just ONE CD tile, and while yes, you can steal one set of tiles, the next one is about to go off the next turn and match damage alone will kill an unboosted 4.

With 5* scaling you need to bring Strange and hope to kill the 60K health muscles fast enough before a single CD resolves, else you're toast.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Doesn't BSSM help with strike tiles in 5* land?
    That said...
    Yeah... A powerful AoE magnified by super powerful strikes?
    Thanks Obama!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    Doesn't BSSM help with strike tiles in 5* land?
    That said...
    Yeah... A powerful AoE magnified by super powerful strikes?
    Thanks Obama!

Strikes yes.
    Tommy Gun no.

Sure you could bring Quake, but that leaves you with exactly one damage dealer against 2x 60K on Muscles and 86K on Juggs.
    I don't like the odds on that.

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:

This advice always makes me angry that we haven't gotten the new fixed levels for PVE yet.
    Try using Elektra and Antman to steal those tiles with 5* scaling.
    They don't make just ONE CD tile, and while yes, you can steal one set of tiles, the next one is about to go off the next turn and match damage alone will kill an unboosted 4.

With 5* scaling you need to bring Strange and hope to kill the 60K health muscles fast enough before a single CD resolves, else you're toast.
    The final two main spine nodes in the first sub are possibly the worst two nodes in all of PvE.  @Bowgentle is spot on here; Juggernaut's insanely cheap skills and high health (his health at 5* scaling is even worse than the Muscles) are ugly in clears 5-7 when you have to save him for last to kill off two 5* scaled Muscles first.  There is almost no way (outside of a champion 5* Strange) to kill off the Muscles fast enough to not get destroyed by Unstoppable Crash.  I probably used more health packs on that one node than in the rest of the PvE combined.  The CP node is just as bad, with Hood and Bullseye putting a damper on every single thing you're trying to to while killing that lone Muscle.  

SCL-based scaling can't become permanent fast enough.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    HE/Riri/Loki crushed that node for 5* scaling. Give it a try if you haven't!