PSA: New Sub-Category: Character Details (7/31/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

A lot of you might be wondering "Where did all of the character discussions disappear to?!" There's no need to worry. We've just been doing a bit of house-cleaning, in order to make things a bit less cluttered in Character Discussion.

You'll now notice a new sub-category called Character Details. This area will contain all the official discussion threads for all characters in the game. Only moderators and admins will be able to start discussions here, however all forum users will still be able to comment. 

Please let us know your thoughts on this new system, as well as if we missed adding any threads.

Cheers!

Update: Here is the link to the Character Details sub-category.

Comments

• Brigby
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @BlackBoltRocks
    Glad you like the change! We're still working out a few kinks here and there, but I'll go ahead and post the link in the OP above for visibility. 

Update: Bug fixed! You can now view all discussion thread pages in that subcategory
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this too.  I've had a hard time in the past digging through pages of character discussions to find details on one character released a while back.  Even using the search it would come up with lots of side topics that referenced that character.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love it. Will mods be adding "best build" polls to new characters or adding them to old ones since they are the only ones who can make threads there?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Love it. Will mods be adding "best build" polls to new characters or adding them to old ones since they are the only ones who can make threads there?
    Good question! Unfortunately I don't believe you can add a poll after the discussion is created, but what I can do is ask Cthulhu if he can include a "Best Build" poll in the initial character detail post.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great change! I used to find myself having to scroll down as many as 9 or 10 pages to find some of the older character threads. This will be very useful. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good change indeed. Now if the first post could be updated once a character gets changed, it's pretty much perfect.

At this point, the information in the OP is outdated for a lot of characters. (easy example: RiRi and Mordo, but even as far back as OML the information is wrong)

Also, the search doesn't work for me in the new Subforum.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @Starfury. Would you mind explaining what you're encountering, when it comes to the search feature? I seem to be able to locate threads just fine.

Do you see an error, or is it just that certain threads aren't appearing?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby

I just get a "No results found for xyz" page. For example when searching for "wolverine" or "logan"
    "thanos" gives one result, but neither of the main character threads.
    "gamora" finds the thread for the 4*, but not the 3*

I'm using the "seach character details" box at the top of the list of threads
  • Brigby
    Options
    @Starfury Hmm...that's rather peculiar. I'll bring this up with our web developer, and see if they know what's going on. Apologies for the inconvenience!
  • pstar782004
    pstar782004 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby can we have a update for the reworked characters too. Most are still reflecting the skill set before rework. Thank you!! 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would it be possible to have sub-sub-forums based on star level?
  • Brigby
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Starfury said:
    Brigby

I just get a "No results found for xyz" page. For example when searching for "wolverine" or "logan"
    "thanos" gives one result, but neither of the main character threads.
    "gamora" finds the thread for the 4*, but not the 3*

I'm using the "seach character details" box at the top of the list of threads
    I reached out to the web developer, and they're going to have their team take a look at it. For now, please use the Main Forum Search to locate any threads within this sub-category. 

Brigby can we have a update for the reworked characters too. Most are still reflecting the skill set before rework. Thank you!! 
    Yes! I'll be going through them either today or next week and updating any of them with the reworked abilities.

Would it be possible to have sub-sub-forums based on star level?
    Not a bad idea, however we actually have a Character Details Index thread just for that reason. We don't want to create too many sub-categories, so this Index thread will be set as an Announcement, and all characters are separated by Star tier within the thread.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

I like the new sub-forum, but I found the sneak peek for the new character only because I saw the "Character Details" heading in the Character Discussion sub.  Any chance we can get a redirect in another more common forum for a little while, at least until everyone has figured out where to go to find it?