No Sale for You!

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
Why are some people seeing sales on ISO and HP and other are not? Any official word for D3? 

Comments

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    This has gotten official replies of "business reasons we don't discuss" several times already. Looking for something different this time, Dark?
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    What else do you expect?  It is standard process in many mobile games to offer a variety of different offers to different players.  Nothing new here.  If anything they should be doing this more;  "One time offer, buy 50000 ISO at 90% off" type stuff.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are basically two possibilities.

(1) Demi/D3 are doing A/B testing on new pricing structues for their digital goods, or
    (2) Demi/D3 are offering individual sales to select players as determined by some internal metrics (e.g. "player X spent $200 in 2016, but hasn't spent anything yet in 2017, maybe an HP sale will get them hooked again" or "player Y has been playing for 4 months but hasn't spent anything yet, maybe an extra steep sale will induce their first purchase and get them hooked!".)

I suspect that both of these scenarios do happen from time to time, especially my #2.  Just demi's bad luck that they happened to offer better pricing to someone who lives in the same house another forum-posting player.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

(1) Demi/D3 are doing A/B testing on new pricing structues for their digital goods, or
    (2) Demi/D3 are offering individual sales to select players as determined by some internal metrics (e.g. "player X spent $200 in 2016, but hasn't spent anything yet in 2017, maybe an HP sale will get them hooked again" or "player Y has been playing for 4 months but hasn't spent anything yet, maybe an extra steep sale will induce their first purchase and get them hooked!".)

I suspect that both of these scenarios do happen from time to time, especially my #2.  Just demi's bad luck that they happened to offer better pricing to someone who lives in the same house another forum-posting player.
    Except I've seen heavy buyers get these random sales, while other comparable players did not. So neither of your reasonable examples of metrics fit. There's seems to be no rhyme or reason to who gets these. Except that iOS seems to never get them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I believe your attributing to much thought into this on their end.  Imo this is a random occurrence on log in . I'm not a buyer but I do check the resource tab fairly often and I see a buy bonus DAILY. I've seen a bonus in the am when I log in for DDQ,  no bonus at lunch, no bonus after work, a bonus when I'm grinding pve.

//Removed Misleading Information -Brigby
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    fmftint said:
    I believe your attributing to much thought into this on their end.  Imo this is a random occurrence on log in . I'm not a buyer but I do check the resource tab fairly often and I see a buy bonus DAILY. I've seen a bonus in the am when I log in for DDQ,  no bonus at lunch, no bonus after work, a bonus when I'm grinding pve.

//Removed Misleading Information -Brigby
    Try planning a buy club around that..
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    TBH ....seems like **** to me....why should others get a sale if I got to pay full price.......why do they get a discount and other have to pay full price 
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    Vhailorx said:

Except I've seen heavy buyers get these random sales, while other comparable players did not. So neither of your reasonable examples of metrics fit. There's seems to be no rhyme or reason to who gets these. Except that iOS seems to never get them
    If offering a regular buyer .a special sale results in them making a purchase above and beyond what they normally do why not offer them a special sale?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never took a business class. Can somebody sum up real quick what "A/B testing" is?
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Jarvind said:
    I never took a business class. Can somebody sum up real quick what "A/B testing" is?
    Basically, you do one thing to half your customer base and something else to the other half, then see which is better (which usually means which is more profitable). They did this with the HFH store a few months ago by offering a cheaper deal to some people, and a more expensive deal to others.