Mockingbird and Social Justice?

Options
Savonti
Savonti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
I don't want to make this into a huge thing but I really think you guys should reconsider the cover/alternate "suit" for Mockingbird. Whatever side. I think Mocking bird is a great character and I love the art chosen for her in suit, I think she looks great but this Feminist Agenda one with the little purse dog...

We live in a world where one side or the other of an issue is always popping off about one thing or another. I just feel that Puzzle Quest probably isn't the place to take a stand for or against social justice; that maybe it can be a fun game where none of that matters.

Seriously please reconsider.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think MPQ or its developers are making a stand for or against anything, nor do I think using one cover in a sea of 100+ covers on a niche mobile game is the way they'd try to enact any sort of agenda.

I think the cover (very simply) accurately represents who Mockingbird is as a character.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe we'll see a Starfox release to balance it out.
  • Savonti
    Options
    broll said:
    Savonti said:
    I don't want to make this into a huge thing but I really think you guys should reconsider the cover/alternate "suit" for Mockingbird. Whatever side. I think Mocking bird is a great character and I love the art chosen for her in suit, I think she looks great but this Feminist Agenda one with the little purse dog...

We live in a world where one side or the other of an issue is always popping off about one thing or another. I just feel that Puzzle Quest probably isn't the place to take a stand for or against social justice; that maybe it can be a fun game where none of that matters.

Seriously please reconsider.

Thanks for your time.

I found the bolded statement ironic...  I'll leave it at that.

You find it ironic that as a whole I approve of the character (with the exception of this alternate costume), or that I made a grammatical error?

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assumed the irony was in commenting on her appearance and then complaining about her feminist agenda.

I'm just here to point out that Ka-zar is not a purse dog; he's a corgi. I wouldn't want to try to carry one of those in a purse. They're solid.
  • Savonti
    Options
    Really, because I was clearly talking about art, power, and costume design. If that wasn't clear then that would be the aforementioned grammatical error.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably best to avoid those, then, in a thread like this, wouldn't you say? Especially since this is not a grammatical error in your favour, if such a thing exists.
  • Savonti
    Options
    Hear you guys loud and clear.

Top shelf folks, have at it, I said my peace with the first message so, I'm out. 

• 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Wish we had the original Riri Williams cover ;)
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yikes, some people need to lighten up. That shirt is hilarious.
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is a game full of round complex characters.  The shirt represents her character.

Now there are tons of puzzle games you can play, but you are choosing to play one with diverse characters.  You have to expect this.  

If the opinion of an imaginary character bothers you in anyway you have problems beyond make believe people.
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

If the opinion of an imaginary character bothers you in anyway you have problems beyond make believe people.
      Santa Claus disagrees.
  • RebeccaQuan
    RebeccaQuan Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If we're going to get rid of all the costumes that involve some kind of political message, does that mean we're gonna get Steve Rogers as Nomad? 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We should get naked characters, to make sure the costume doesn't bother anyone, of course B)
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All the people disagreeing with OP bet me money they don't release 5 star nazi/Hydra Captain America, The Purple Man,  Emma Frost in her original costume. Certain statements can be made, while others will be hidden completely. Yes, comics have a wide range of complex characters but only a few in this game say anything and it's not a complex message it's a very simple one. 
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A lot of characters represent complex social issues in sometimes overt manners, sometimes subtle ways. Denying that is doing a disservice to those characters. If you have an issue with a comedic t-shirt, I'm really curious how you feel about the x-men.