Be Able to Store Health Packs

BlackWidower
BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
One thing I noticed and has bugged me for ages, is that when you get health packs in the Taco Vaults or progression rewards or whatever, they are (for me) essentially useless.  

I don't tend to use these health packs when I actually want them.  And it seems rather unfair that I cannot use the health from my ten existing health packs that will recover, until which time I want to actually use the health packs I have earned, by then, they will be depleted, making them, essentially a useless reward.

I propose that we are able to store our health packs (aside from our existing 10) and use them when we actually want to use them.

Comments

• 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Glad I wasn't thee only one thinking this.
          I completely agree with what you are saying. At some points of my progression I would use 3/10 of the health packs given.
          Then I'll open a taco vault token and gain 5 health packs. Bringing me up to 12/10, seems great right but the health packs are always regenerating; then I'm afraid to use them. :/
          I propose a health pack reserves button. Health Pack Reserves would be any health packs gained in vaults and or play through rewards!
          And the always regenerating health packs will stay at and gain to up 10/10.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Not going to happen, since people are buying health packs. The whole point is to make players buy health packs if they want to play more.
  • 10_EFX_01
          I beg to differ, there is always room for improvement. All it takes is some coding. And idk who would even spend money on health packs? CP and tokens sure but health packs?
          It is an amazing suggestion and would improve the game drastically. I can already hear the avid players giving praise to the devs of this was taken into consideration.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    10_EFX_01 said:
          I beg to differ, there is always room for improvement. All it takes is some coding. And idk who would even spend money on health packs? CP and tokens sure but health packs?
          It is an amazing suggestion and would improve the game drastically. I can already hear the avid players giving praise to the devs of this was taken into consideration.

Everybody playing high level PVP with Panthos is buying packs.
    So, a ton of people.

Devs don't care about praise from players, devs care about putting food on the table.
    So no solutions which cut down on spending will be implemented.
  • 10_EFX_01
    You sure? Do you listen to any of the puzzle quest podcasts that actually had the devs speak about player development and how covers are given the colors and abilities. They state that they do listen to player suggestions and also need the green light on marvel to create better game play.
    I know there are a majority of whales who spend for health packs, but for the green horns and players who play and barely spend at all, know it is silly to pay for health packs because of the whale players.
    Devs are definey listening, they just added all of the 4*s back into packs that everyone was **** about. Now everyone is losing there minds because it's not a specific pack. Look the devs will definitely implement new ideas but only on their accordance/agenda. Yes they need to make money duh I get the logic but this solution wouldnt be costing millions upon millions of dollars to add to the already kick **** gameplay we get to experience.
  • 10_EFX_01
    So no solutions which cut down on spending will be implemented? Dang calm down, I didn't know you worked for D3? What are the board meetings like?
  • SpringSoldier
    I wish a lot of stuff was changed and given for free: no more cover expiring date, infinite health packs, picking and choosing which cover to buy from a store, free ISO etc. But there's so much they can give for free without cutting the players' need for buying stuff. Especially since they're not making money out of advertising, just from in-app purchases. If there was an option for accepting advertising and getting more free stuff for it, I'd take it. Some would probably still prefer to pay to not see any adds though.

The vintage characters returning doesn't cost them anything- the price for a 4* is the same, whether or not you get Medusa or Peggy is not their problem. I don't work for D3, I work for a retail company and we're not giving anything for free either- except the right to look at our products.

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Not going to happen, since people are buying health packs. The whole point is to make players buy health packs if they want to play more.

Are they really making money off of health packs though?  Don't most people just use the HP they already have?  I mean are people buying HP for shields?  I doubt it.

Where they are getting their HP from I would think, top would be roster spots, then for special vaulted characters or the crash hero.   I mean, I guess occasionally people might spend a couple bucks to get five health packs.  I just seriously doubt this is where the majority is going.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I would be happier if I could sell all my health packs above 10! Every time I decide to open my tacos, for exemple, I end up with a lot of them... and they are basically worthless to me since the 10 basic ones supply my gameplay. Having no choice other than store them always bugged me  :/
  • SpringSoldier

Are they really making money off of health packs though?  Don't most people just use the HP they already have?  I mean are people buying HP for shields?  I doubt it.

Where they are getting their HP from I would think, top would be roster spots, then for special vaulted characters or the crash hero.   I mean, I guess occasionally people might spend a couple bucks to get five health packs.  I just seriously doubt this is where the majority is going.
    People are definitely buying lots of hp for different reasons: rooster spots, tokens, shields, health packs, Heroes for hire store. It's pretty much the only buyable currency in the game and folks are definitely not having enough hp for their needs, otherwise nobody would be buying it.
  • 10_EFX_01
    I agree I don't think people are buying HP, the option is there in case you do need them and in order to continue to play and progress. People who have 3* and 4* champs don't really need the health packs. It's just in dire situations that one would need an extra HP or two. That's my logic and I'll be sure to ask my clan if either of them have ever purchased and health packs to back up my logic. Ask yours as well if you all have time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    10_EFX_01 said:
    I agree I don't think people are buying HP, the option is there in case you do need them and in order to continue to play and progress. People who have 3* and 4* champs don't really need the health packs. It's just in dire situations that one would need an extra HP or two. That's my logic and I'll be sure to ask my clan if either of them have ever purchased and health packs to back up my logic. Ask yours as well if you all have time.

Of course people who run Thanos are buying packs.
    Just ask around on LINE.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Early on in the game (pre 3* land) I found myself buying HP for health packs frequently at the $1.99 rate.  I suspect they make a lot of earlier rosters that don't have strong enough teams to play through PvE without significant health packs, but are also HP starved from having to buy over 100 roster slots to eventually cover everything.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I also buy Health Packs somewhat frequently. Almost more often than shields some seasons in PvP. So yes, people buy health packs. More often than you might think.
  • 10_EFX_01
    Well are you a 5* land player?
  • 10_EFX_01
    Just asked my clan and most say they never buy Health and get them from Deadpool tokens and at least 2 say they have bought a couple in the past but do so no longer.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* player here and I buy hp for pvp from time to time. If i get a couple bad boards in a row I need to buy packs. I hit 900, if RL allows, every time and if I need hp to do it, so be it. Now I use the hero points I earn for hp and shields. If I want to hit a vault big or clear it then I buy hero points, but that isn't too often anymore....