Sim round 3 node

zaku
zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
Carnage + Medusa + Maxpun was really rough. I couldn't shlepp it. Between the constant heals and scythes, I could never get enough damage in to down more than two. Nevermind that after a try or two, the minute-long enemy turns was enough to make me want to frisbee my phone. 
How did everyone deL with that node?

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I used Medusa + Carol + Wasp. Take out Medusa first. (Stunning her helps a lot.) 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    R&G/medusa/gamora. Burned their medusa down first in 3 turns then pun Mac and finished with carnage. 
  • Evilplayer
    Evilplayer Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Riri c4rol thanos. 

Go for riri blue. Carol will help with energy absorb. Once blue is full it gets easy cause u get red. 
    Fire 2 reds in a row and u are done. Thanos will do the rest for u. 

Or medusa or loki purple and take their punches. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did all the more difficult nodes with Riri/IM40/Loki.  Riri is really good after the rework, after two yellow matches into a recharge just did Riri Red to start things off, fire off, blue to get a second red off and sometimes even a third Red to finish things.  If she didn't get the third Red off she still got a couple of extra turns of AP after sending the last character airborne.  

Did the easy nodes with 3Thanos/Patch/5*Cap.  Just a couple of Cap matches and Thanos ran everything down.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riri and... I forget. Riri is ridiculous.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I think I used Wasp / Carol / Grocket for that one. Got two quick blue matches, so Wasp's CD was proccing Carol to buff Strike tiles from Grocket and Attack tiles from Carnage.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Medusa-Icy-Carol

medusa first, keep her stunned with icy.   Then pun, finish with carnage.   Same as a shield sim node, and just as easy.  

Bring Medusa and green/blue users (icy covers both) and you just have to translate your ap into powers one turn faster than the AI and you're good....this is why I quick stun medusa even if punching isn't guaranteed.   Carol is just there to troll, buff an occasional tile and maybe get black off if the match is slow.  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat that node by letting PunMax gather green and stun his own team. Thanks for shutting off Medusa's healing, Frank. Here's some Gauntlets.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40, Riri and Medusa. Got plenty of yellows to start so charged up IM40, took out Medusa and Punisher quickly. Took Carnage's tiles and took most health off with attack tiles then finished him off with Riri's green.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Brute-forcing with Kate, Riri and IM40. Like the entire event basically.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always take out Medusa first. She gets very tough later on in the battle, when the board is covered up with special tiles.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riri, Medusa, and C4rol. With both Medusa and Carol feeding her blue, Riri starts doing absolutely ludicrous damage very quickly.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Riri, Gwenpool, and (I think) Electra.  
    Electra (or whoever it was) was mostly useless - Riri's Blue & Red paired with Gwenpool's Purple & Green when both are boosted are massive weapons against most any team.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Riri/IM40/Medusa owned it.  No joke but I hardly took any damage from it. I really only took a few turns of Carnage tile damage (mainly to Riri) which was negligible.  IM40 yellow to Riri and match over. Honestly this was my go to team for the entire event.  I could basically do 4 clears of every node and only use about 3 health packs because Riri boosted was such a beast and IM40 just feeds her AP for all three of her powers so fast.  
  • Deivid
    Deivid Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I'm in 3* land, I HAD to use whales, there was no other way for me to beat that, couldn't even down 1 enemy normally.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fight fire with fire - I used my own Medusa and Carnage, and matched them with a 5/5/3 Mr Fantastic. Medusa and Carnage do 1200 pts a round. They match one of my tiles, and I heal up about 2500 pts. Take out Medusa first.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fight fire with fire - I used my own Medusa and Carnage, and matched them with a 5/5/3 Mr Fantastic. Medusa and Carnage do 1200 pts a round. They match one of my tiles, and I heal up about 2500 pts. Take out Medusa first.
    Was gonna say the same, fire with fire. Brought my Medusa and Carnage, but I used Iceman instead of Mr F. Not an issue, all three were basically full health when I won, first attempt.