Coulson Grocket or X23

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
I have one cover for each. Just pulled my 14th X23 once they undid vaulting. I also have 3 Gamora covers but she's 5/2/5, so I can't use them. If I did get her missing cover I would probably champ her to save a few covers so I am holding off on champing anyone just yet.
Who should I champ next?

Comments

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    X-23 when buffed is basically unbeatable.  The only way she can be defeated is by one shotting her, because she heals 1.2K per match of her color (again when event buffs her).  This means she can recover from almost anything unless you get very unlucky.  In recent event for fun I played her in every node consecutively and cleared them all without healing her once and she died one time during the event and that was in a PVP fight so it didn't really count.

Biggest disadvantage is she only has 1 attack she can count on because her Purple is sooo random.  It seems that it either wins big or doesn't factor in the game at all.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-23 needs to tank several of her colours to be truly effective, but when she does and is buffed, as said she is very sustainable.
    Coulson is great in the right set up.
    Unbuffed, with 5 covers at level 274, R+G create 7 strike tiles at around about 135 damage each, with another guardian, that jumps to 284 each. That's a lot of damage for free right there.

I'd probably hedge towards R+G as while she is back in tokens, other characters will go past X-23, and she won't tank as much. Plus those strike tiles will make matches faster.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I would say Coulson or Grocket first as I think they are overall better.  I haven't used Grocket a lot but of course the initial tiles he creates are great.  I have much more experience with Coulson and X-23.  Both are good but I think Coulson has more uses when paired with all of the tile creators there are now.  X-23 is a good tank but I always find her the least useful on a team just in my own experience.  All 3 of these characters (just like most 4*) are really great when boosted.  My advice would be Coulson but you really can't go wrong on any of the three.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    My goto sim team is grocket, medusa and starlord. Not afraid of any 4 star teams. You can take out medusa or carol in 3 turns before anyone had a chance to gain enough ap to fire a power. You will get hit, but on offence they are superb 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Appreciate the input, but this basically worked itself out. Couldn't get Gamora, even got 2 more blues that I still can't use. But I opened tokens and got more Coulson and another X23. I had to sell that first X23, but I champed Grocket, then Coulson, and I just champed X23 with the second cover.
    I really underestimated Grockets strikes. I remember using him and losing the strikes very quickly. But I've been using him to breeze thru pve until about the last couple hard matches.
    Looking forward to using X23 as a true healer. I imagine a Wasp, Carol, X23 team, or X23, Mr Fantastic, Nova as a decent way to utilize each character

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    MaskedMan said:
    X-23 when buffed is basically unbeatable.  The only way she can be defeated is by one shotting her, because she heals 1.2K per match of her color (again when event buffs her).  This means she can recover from almost anything unless you get very unlucky.  In recent event for fun I played her in every node consecutively and cleared them all without healing her once and she died one time during the event and that was in a PVP fight so it didn't really count.

Biggest disadvantage is she only has 1 attack she can count on because her Purple is sooo random.  It seems that it either wins big or doesn't factor in the game at all.
    why only 1.2k ? Given the fact that her attack power in general is underwhelming compared to other newer 4* heroes, I would say her best role in the game right now is to be a tank. So I say user her as a tank, hence you sacrifice the purple, because it's random anyway. That means 5 covers in red, 1.5k unboosted (and 3k boosted) on her colors.