Simulation way too hard

I have a lot of champed 4*s. It normally takes me 50 mins to do a full clear at cl 8. It is currently taking me 1 1/2 hours to do a full clear at cl 7. You didn't give us anything good for buffed characters. I have not even gotten half my clears done this time, and I have already used up all my health packs. This is ridiculous. This simulation is easily twice as difficult as the last one I did. 

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    You didn't give us anything good for buffed characters.
    Except Riri and Gwenpool, I guess. And Kate Bishop. And Riri. And Luke cage. And Loki, even more boosted than normal (which only gives him HP, I guess. He's still good here since every node has match-making enemies) 

Did I mention Riri? She's amazing.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Except Riri and Gwenpool, I guess. And Kate Bishop. And Riri. And Luke cage. And Loki, even more boosted than normal (which only gives him HP, I guess. He's still good here since every node has match-making enemies) 

My Riri is not champed. Gwenpool would be a lot better if her aoe were more reliable. My Kate is also not champed. There is nothing here that is fast. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Well if you've got Riri fully covered (or close, 5 Blue or 5 Red even if she's not full would be still great) you could put a bit of ISO into her, to the ~200 level, which would boost her usefulness quite a bit. She's so worth champing now that you'll probably end up doing it soon anyways.

Other than that, I guess what you're really saying is that you don't have this week's boosted 4*s champed, which really happens to everyone at some point. I don't have Kate or Elektra champed yet myself.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I am working on Riri at the moment, but she is only at 150, though she is fully covered. I have Elektra champed, but she is SO slow. The best team I have been able to put together so far is Carol/Loki/Wasp, but it takes SO long to beat a team where every character has 30k health. And it shouldn't be that way on cl 7. 

But not having the best 4*s champed this week is not all I am talking about. Every node (even the easy ones!) is taking twice as long, and I usually use my 5*s on those. It took me 15 minutes just to get through the three easy nodes, when it usually takes me 8 minutes, or slightly under a minute per fight. I have never really like Simulation to begin with, but I have NEVER been this frustrated before.  
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

My Riri is not champed. Gwenpool would be a lot better if her aoe were more reliable. My Kate is also not champed. There is nothing here that is fast. 
    So what you actually mean is not that they didn't give us any good boosted characters so much as your roster lacks those that are boosted for this event, that is hardly their fault.

As far as simulator taking longer than other events, if you had the boosted chars you would find the clears took roughly the same amount of time as any other pve event, albeit we will tend to take more damage than when events are more goon-heavy.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I used to think that Simulator was my least favourite PvE. Then they ran it right after the Hulk.

I do have Riri and Gwenpool champed, and while it's challenging and a healthpack drain, it's fine.

We all have weeks where we lack the best boosted characters. It's unfortunate that yours has fallen on a new release week, but that doesn't mean the event is broken. Simulator, more than any other event (except Gauntlet) rewards a deep roster. It makes sense they'd run this now, when we've just regained access to dozens of characters.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Simulator is no joke. These are real teams, active teams, and it's a lot more like PvP. Simulator isn't a bunch of goon nodes that you can walk through with a decent Dr. Strange and total board control. Simulator takes the entirety of your roster and even then puts some stress on your health pack and boost inventory.

I love it.

Beats the hell out of 9 Dark Avengers nodes. 
    Ok, I do have Riri & Kate champed and I have to kind of agree with OP.

All the enemies do match damage and use abilities which results in taking a lot more damage than usual, which also means using a ton of health packs.

I think if they could add health pack rewards to this PVE and reduce the scaling a little bit, it would be an improvement.

• Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I didn't think it was that bad - there's a couple diabolical nodes like always.  It's not an easy event - the two hardest PVEs for pure clears are DP vs MPQ and Simulator, simply because they ask you to use your whole roster and fight a ton of tile movers.  For an event like this, I'll probably use almost a dozen characters for my clears each day.  

*Goon clearing team (3 - Blade/Medusa/Strange)
    *Boosted (3 - Riri/Kate/Gwen)
    *Battery (1 - 266 IM40)
    *Essentials (+2)
    *Trivial/speed team (3 - R&G/Guardian/Thanos)

That's 12 right there barebones that I'm liable to use automatically.   I may also throw in any of a half dozen others especially depending on boosted interactions.  This week was great with Riri and Kate working well together, so I didn't need to alt-team.  Usually was using about 5 packs on my grind/clears.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker

Her AOE will still do more than 27K damage.  If you have one person left it will do all that damage on the one character.    Also, her green against the three invisible twits (howard, miles and sue storm) is awesome.

Much love for boosted Gwenpool.
  • Jaedenkaal
     Gwenpool would be a lot better if her aoe were more reliable. 
    This might just be user error. Chekov's Gun is not an aoe, it's 3 separate, random attacks. Could be 3 to one character, 2 to one character and one to another, or one to all three targets. The only exception to this is that it won't fire more shots at one target than it will take to kill them (which is actually slightly less random, aka good for you). It's really a lot of damage for 10 AP. Just don't expect it to kill the target you want it to under all circumstances. Its excellent for softening everyone up for your next power, though.

Since the shots are random, they'll also hit invisible characters, which does matter in Simulator.