5* Doc Ock Rework is Required

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
Having recently championed 5* Doc Ock I can confidently say he's by far the worst 5* in the game right now.   His skills are simply too high risk and the end result is almost always disappointment.

Off the top of my head the following changes would help make Doc playable

Black: - Have it deal damage on cast.

Blue - Reduce the AP cost.
At this time you need a MINIMUM of 16 but ideally 24 mana to even consider firing.  In actual play firing the skill as you go leads to trouble and disappointment since those tiles don't stick around.  Drop the AP cost to 7 or if you want to potentially push the envelop make it 6ap.  6AP doesn't actually push things on its own...in fact I think this would be perfect...but its fair to mention that 4* Star Lord exists and this could make the skill too good when paired with him.

Green
- Allow for some AoE damage on cast. 
The damage can't be anywhere close to the current damage given the AP return on phases 2, 3, and final...but even if you cut the damage down to 10,000 AoE the skill would be balanced and fair.  If you need this damage to better fit the lore of the skill than have the AoE damage component be part of the CD's destruction (by any means, matches or otherwise) and have it include a bit of self team damage if you need to.   Paying 13 AP for what accounts to absolutely nothing most of the time is insane.

Those are my suggestions.  Feel free to contribute your own buff opinions below.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro said:
    Blue - Reduce the AP cost.
    [...]
    6AP doesn't actually push things on its own...in fact I think this would be perfect...but its fair to mention that 4* Star Lord exists and this could make the skill too good when paired with him.

As a quick aside, there's precedent now for "The AP cost of <this power> can't be reduced" effects. So Everyone With Me doesn't have to be a dealbreaker