Only Riri Goes Airborne With Green Ability When Special Tiles Are Present [Dev's Aware]

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
I used Riri in the Sim node vs DPX Shulk Gwenpool. DPX got his pink off, and then I fired Riri green at him. They had the speciai tiles to trigger the secondary part sending my own Riri airborne, but the enemy DPX stayed grounded (he took full damage though). I believe that if there are enemy tiles, it cancels sending the enemy airborne. Will test more to confirm.

Edit: tried again vs 3* Hawkeye with boomerang strikes out. Again, Hawkeye did not go airborne. Bug confirmed?!

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    If that is, in fact, how it should work, then the power's description needs to be updated to reflect that.  RIght now, at least according to the way the power is written, it's not working properly.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Apparently it's how it should work. If there are enough enemy special tiles on board, she doesn't send the target airborne, only she goes.
    If the word 'instead' was in the description, I'd be inclined to agree with you. It's not though.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Same -- as written right now it's "send enemy airborne" and "if there are enemy specials sent Riri airborne" as two separate effects, not one either/or.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just spoke with the team about this and it just so happens to be a known bug, just like this other issue with Riri. I wasn't told of which update it was going to be in, but they have already got a fix for this issue in a future update. I want to say the fix will be in R132, but with how the development cycles go, it will likely be released in R133. 
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Tombstone said:
    I just spoke with the team about this and it just so happens to be a known bug, just like this other issue with Riri. I wasn't told of which update it was going to be in, but they have already got a fix for this issue in a future update. I want to say the fix will be in R132, but with how the development cycles go, it will likely be released in R133. 

A known issue on a buffed character you just made an essential in pve - outstanding choices there guys.

But its alright because you'd atleast ensure her essential nodes don't have special tile creaters right ...... err .... anyone thinking at all over there?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta said:
    A known issue on a buffed character you just made an essential in pve - outstanding choices there guys.

But its alright because you'd atleast ensure her essential nodes don't have special tile creaters right ...... err .... anyone thinking at all over there?
    [Not speaking as a moderator, except right hero make clear that the rest of the post is just my personal opinion.]

This kind of angry overreaction is, in my opinion, exactly the kind of thing that made Demiurge's developers stop posting to these forums.  Certainly it's disappointing to have a featured and boosted character not working correctly, but the character was just given a top-to-bottom redesign and taken from a really disappointing design to being perhaps one of the best 4* in the game.  The number of changes done here leave a lot of possibilities to miss an unexpected interaction, or even to simply leave out a word that should have clarified the intentions better if that's the case.  It's great when players provide clear reports to help D3 and Demiurge narrow down the cause of a problem, and when we advise each other on some of the more complicated interactions that help make this game stay interesting... it's really not so great when we spit bile at the people working to improve the game.

This is one node. Green is probably her least valuable power (while still being useful) in this event.  Once you discover the bug, it's really not that hard to either work around it by not using her green or just anticipate the weird behavior and use it for the damage anyway.

Relax, and be kind.