PSA: RotGP event listed as starting before HoR event ends

Options
majincob
majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
I've already put a post in the bug forums.

I know I've complained about the time between events before, but this change is going in the wrong direction.

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob said:
    I've already put a post in the bug forums.

I know I've complained about the time between events before, but this change is going in the wrong direction.

Looks like it's on the same rotation as the Trials.

I know this will hurt some players, but it's going to help others.  Typically the event starts when I go to bed, so I don't get to start for about 12 hours.  Now that it's shifted, I can play some nodes at the beginning.

I'm a little indifferent either way, now that we can store up to 6 charges.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He doesn't care about the timing. 

This interferes with his ability to swap players in and out of his mega size coalitions. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:

This interferes with his ability to swap players in and out of his mega size coalitions. 

We have one coalition of 24 people. I appreciate your dislike of the system, but let's not misrepresent things. 

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, bigger than the normal size. Would you prefer if I call it plus size? Oversized? 

What does it matter if it's 24 or 30. It's a swapping issue. 

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy said:

This interferes with everyone's ability to move into coalitions. This probably hurts smaller coalitions the most since they can't add new people between events.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    So, bigger than the normal size. Would you prefer if I call it plus size? Oversized? 

What does it matter if it's 24 or 30. It's a swapping issue. 

I like plus size--let's go with that.

Primarily, it's the difference between "Coalition" and "coalitions", however, that I wanted to point out. We don't have large-scale roster shuffling like some of the other groups.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:

Says the man who has joined the evil Power Nine Discord Comglomerate of Death and Gloom.

Have you been through the initiation ceremony yet? Bring a towel and some bleach. I hope you have a strong stomach.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ohboy said:

Says the man who has joined the evil Power Nine Discord Comglomerate of Death and Gloom.

Have you been through the initiation ceremony yet? Bring a towel and some bleach. I hope you have a strong stomach.
    Better bring a couple towels. 

Just for clarification -- BadRobots are not a TP9 coalition (though they've been invited -- and have declined. :'( ) @Ohboy does pop into our public channels from time to time and we are happy to have him ( :) !!! ), just as we are happy to have you, @shteev <3 , other members of GP, players from the Extinction family and many of our old friends from the MTGPQ Alliance -- in fact, anyone who wants a POSITIVE community to hang out in and talk about the game (and various somewhat related or not-so related topics >:) )  is welcome in our public channels :)  (PM me for an invite). 

Also -- in case anyone is wondering -- this doesn't affect TP9 coalitions because we don't score switch -- if we have to play with 19 because someone needs a weekend off and we can't sub them ahead of time, we will play with 19 o:) . Thus I have nothing to say about the time change other than:  It's a game for goodness sakes.  B)
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I personally don't like overlapping coalition events. It compromises score tracking and the ability to switch players.

For me the better solution would be starting HoR 1 day before. That way we have a longer period between coalition events.

It used to be like that but since AKH the time was reduced to 2 hours, now they are overlapping. Just move PvP to start before.