City Under Siege (Custom 4 Day Heroic PvE Design)

Options
Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
So I created a custom PvE Scenario called City Under Siege using the old heroic model.  Mainly because I am bored of the current PvE and the devs are free to use it lol!  The general premise is that most of the X-Men and Avengers are busy elsewhere handling other worldly threats when a major city breaks out in chaos.  It is up to the local heroes (hence the limited heroic roster) to handle the threat.  The scenario assumes normal scaling difficulty levels as current PvE unless noted differently.  It may take more than one post to completely list. I also have a quick thematic sentence for each node but not sure if I will have room to post it. The basic gist of the PvE is that Kingpin is behind the scenes orchestrating chaos within the city in order to cover for his actual purpose of assassinating the city mayor in order to have him replaced with a politician in his pocket.  The first two day events are basically diversions created by the Kingping to lure the heroes and police/SHIELD forces away from his true intentions.  The third day event is the heroes attempting to stop the mayor's assassination, while the final day event is trying to assault the Kingpin's compound and bring him to justice. My basic question is would you play this PvE, why or why not?

Heroic Character Roster List:
1* Black Widow
1* Spiderman
2* Hawkeye (Essential Character)
2* Human Torch
3* Blade
3* Daredevil (Essential Character)
3* Psylocke
3* Iron Fist
3* Luke Cage
3* Punisher
3* Spiderman
4* Cloak & Dagger (Essential Character)
4* Elektra
4* Ghost Rider
4* Moon Knight
4* Agent Coulson
4* Iron Fist
4* Agent Venom

Day 1 Event -

Intro Node (uses Essential characters) - 5th Avenue - Thug/Thug/Hitman

Easy Node 1 - Shakedown - Thug/Thug/Thug
Easy Node 2 - Climbing the Ladder - Muscle/Muscle/Maggia Don
Easy Node 3 - Organized Chaos - Yelena Belova/Muscle/Thug
Essential Node (Hawkeye) - Frame Job - 2* Bullseye/Thug/Hitman
Essential Node (Daredevil) - Silent Struggle - Yelena Belova/Spy/Spy
Essential Node (Cloak & Dagger) - Sinister Sights - Hood/Muscle/Thug
Hard Node 1 - Diversion - Yelena Belova/Spy/2* Bullseye
Hard Node 2 - Bank Job (wave node) - Wave 1 (Thug/Thug/Demolitions Expert/Hitman)  Wave 2 (Muscle/Muscle/Demolitions Expert/Hood)
Hard Node 3 - Surprise! - 3* Bullseye/Sniper/Sniper

One-time node (Iso Reward) - ISO 8 Robbery - Muscle/Maggia Don/Hitman

Day 2 Event - 

Intro Node (uses Essential characters) - Nuclear Plant - Thug/Muscle/Yelena Belova

Easy Node 1 - Mercs for Hire - Soldier/Soldier/Lieutenant
Easy Node 2 - Ambush - Yelena Belova/Thug/Soldier
Easy Node 3 - Crazy Doc - 3* Dr. Ock/Soldier/Hitman
Essential Node(Hawkeye) - Hold Them Here (wave node) - Wave 1 (Soldier/Soldier/Lieutenant/Grenadier/Sniper/Grenadier)  Wave 2 (Thug/Thug/Hitman)  Wave 3 (Yelena Belova/Spy/Soldier)
Essential Node (Daredevil) - The Backdoor - Muscle/Lieutenant/Grenadier
Essential Node (Cloak & Dagger) - Another Shot - Hood/Sniper/Soldier
Hard Node 1 - Mind Control - Agent Coulson/3* Punisher/1* Black Widow
Hard Node 2 - Reactor Room - Yelena Belova/Muscle/Maggia Don
Hard Node 3 - Meltdown- 3* Doc Ock/Carrier/Mutant

One-time node (HP reward) - The Doc's Subjects (wave node)- Wave 1 (Horror/Mutant/Demolisher/Horror/Demolisher)  Wave 2 (Carrier/Carrier/Mutant/Mutant)  Wave 3 (Demolisher/Demolisher/Horror/3* Doc Ock)

Day 3 Event - 

Intro Node (uses Essential characters) - City Hall - Yelena Belova/Thug/Thug

Easy Node 1 - Corrupt Guards - Shield Lieutenant/Shield Soldier/Shield Soldier
Easy Node 2 - Party Crashers (wave node) - Wave 1 (Thug/Thug/Muscle/Lieutenant/Soldier/Grenadier/Grenadier) Wave 2 (Demolitions Expert/Bomb Tech/Bomb Tech)
Easy Node 3 - Target Sighted - 3* Bullseye/Hitman/Hitman
Essential Node (Hawkeye) - Epic Duel - 3* Bullseye/Assassin/Assassin
Essential Node (Daredevil) - Dodge This! - 3* Bullseye/Sniper/Grenadier
Essential Node (Cloak & Dagger) - Heavy Hitters - Moonstone/Hitman/Hitman
Hard Node 1 - Fisk's Surrogates (wave node) - Wave 1 (Maggia Don/Muscle/Thug/Muscle/Thug)  Wave 2 (Maggia Don/Hitman/Hitman/Thug/Thug)
Hard Node 2 - Kill Trap - 3* Bullseye/Assassin/Sniper
Hard Node 3 - New Prey - 3* Bullseye/Moonstone/Hood

One-time node (Event Token) - A City In Flames - Yelena Belova/Pyro/Pyro

Day 4 Event - 

Intro Node (uses Essential characters) - The Fisk Foundation - Kingpin/Muscle/Maggia Don

Easy Node 1 - Delaying Action - Hood/Yelena Belova/Thug
Easy Node 2 - Security Team - Lieutenant/Soldier/Analyst
Easy Node 3 - Lending a Hand (wave node) - Wave 1 (Teisatsu/Teisatsu/Shinobi/Teisatsu/Shinobi/Teisatsu/Shinobi) Wave 2 (Kishu/Kishu/Shinobi)
Essential Node (Hawkeye) - Pinning Shot - Yelena Belova/Spy/Hitman
Essential Node (Daredevil) - Be Afraid (wave node) - Wave 1 (Teisatsu/Teisatsu/Kishu) Wave 2 (Konran/Shinobi/Shinobi) Wave 3 (Konran/Gorgon/3* Bullseye)
Essential Node (Cloak & Dagger) - Redemption - Hood/Shinobi/Assassin
Hard Node 1 - Death From Above - Vulture/Assassin/Hitman
Hard Node 2 - The Sandbox - Sandman/Lieutenant/Soldier
Hard Node 3 - The Penthouse - Kingpin/Vulture/Gorgon

All of the following unlock after beating The Penthouse:

1st One-time node (reward is iso) - Smokescreen - Gorgon/Kishu/Kishu
2nd One-time node (reward is event token - difficulty is much higher ala Hood/Magneto node in Thick as Thieves)  - A Dangerous Duo - Vulture/Sandman
3rd One-time node (reward is CP - scaling is much higher than normal) - The Getaway Car - Kingpin/Muscle/Muscle

Comments

• aeiouous
    aeiouous Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The work here is amazing, really looks well throughout and developed. Some huge props to you sir! 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's sad when even the player-created PVE's still involve fighting the Dark Avengers ;)

Looks interesting, though.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very nice!! I would play, sounds very interesting even without the dialogue!! Well thought out!!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love for them to go back and create new events even with existing material (like this). Sneaking in a few symbiotes, getting more use out of Doc Ock and Kingpin, adding in people like Sandman/Vutlure (hell, even a boss fight with Goblin would be nice, like the Doc Ock fight in Webbed Wonder or Kaecilius).

I mean, you've done a lot of work here, but not something that requires programming new characters, or new artwork (maybe some art in regards to a map and node placement, but not new characters).

Something like this, the Guardians mini-events (symbiotes and mindless ones? just take the three short events for Star Lord, Gamora, and R&G, just make it one regular 3-4 day event), make up some story about Avengers vs X-Men and use people like Thor and Iron Man and Wolverine and Iceman and so on.

Lots could be done to increase variety using the assets already in the game, you know? This post is a solid example of that, and I'd be delighted for the devs to take notice.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ZootSax said:

It's sad when even the player-created PVE's still involve fighting the Dark Avengers ;)

Looks interesting, though.

Lol, yeah I relied heavily on Yelena Belova and a small amount of 2* Bullseye but that was about it.  Thematically those are the only two that made sense, plus the fact of figuring in difficulty and limited number of villains!  Hey at least I chose the easiest of the Dark Avengers!  :D

Oh yeah, forgot I included a little Moonstone.  Everyone needs a little Moonstone right?
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I used to play a MUD where one of the admins built an area design tool so players could easily build/submit areas for possible inclusion in the world. Would be an interesting idea for this game as well... given that story "content" is so divorced from actual gameplay, no reason not to let the community chip in to make it more diverse. Well, they probably need to run storylines past someone at Marvel to make sure it syncs up with the brand, but still.