HOU training

Options
Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
edited July 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Why is the Samut you control extremely weak vs the cards she has in respect of mana you can get a turn on average ?
If you dont match green or red you get 0 mana on other colours for each 3 gem match. This is so much fun with 16 plus mana cards to cast.

The idea of this is to teach the new mechanics and to be able to try them out. If your waiting 4, 5, , 6 turns to cast a spell wheres the  training.

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I actually had no problem with the training. My only issue was that I beat Bolas before ever using any of the mechanics.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 4 tries to beat his third fight. The mana gains really are a problem in addition to not being able to throw any cards away. One lucky cascade for Bolas and you're screwed since he's got good mana gains and you do not in addition to you have expensive cards.

This was done better in earlier training modes where you used the planeswalker at a higher level so that these expensive cards made sense and you were actually able to cast them as well as engage in a longer battle and actually try the mechanics out more.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It took me 4 tries to get through the first battle, but after that the power of Neheb crushed though the second and third.  Having such bad mana gains, not being able to remove cards from the hand, and no being able to use Samut's walker abilities make the training battles very tough.  Totally agree with @wereotter about having her at level 1 makes it tougher than it should be and does not showcase the new mechanics very well.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so thats 2 ppl agreeing with me then
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It took me 4 tries to win due to mana.... poorly designed challenge.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

The first match was incredibly easy, since Nicol has such low health.  I didn't even realize I could change the card ordering, I just matched gems to victory.

The second and third match are basically get Neheb out then enjoy the extra 4 mana gain per turn.

• Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, this was annoying. If there were no red or green matches, shrug, guess I didn't need mana this turn, I can still build loyalty for....oh right.

Also learned that Afflict doesn't count for "Deals combat damage to", which makes sense after some thought, but was still surprising in the moment (ie Neheb isn't a guaranteed 4 mana per turn). But hey, free cards/pack.