Pvp reward structure for both 5* and everyone else

DTrain514
DTrain514 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't seen this one posted anywhere, but what about getting the reward structure to encompass the new win style and the old point style as in if you can get to 900 quick great, get the four star. If you can't 40 wins will do the same thing.

It's still one set of rewards ( not getting both win and point rewards) but an 'or' option.  Vets don't have to play 20 extra matches and ppl who can't get to 900 can still make progress.

Ex:  575 points or 16 wins= 10cp
        900 points or 40 wins= four star

Thoughts? 

Comments

• elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    i wouldnt hate the idea if they would put cp back to progression

so as it goes, how much wins would be for the final CP? 60? 80?...?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the fix is exactly putting the CP back in the progression. Taking this stressful edge of the game. Where? 60 have to be tops. I think 40 for the 4* is too much as well. Maybe 30 and 50? But at 60 I would at least try sometimes to get it (when the boosted 4* would have a good combo). Right now the extra CP is non-existing for me. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I haven't seen this one posted anywhere, but what about getting the reward structure to encompass the new win style and the old point style as in if you can get to 900 quick great, get the four star. If you can't 40 wins will do the same thing.

It's still one set of rewards ( not getting both win and point rewards) but an 'or' option.  Vets don't have to play 20 extra matches and ppl who can't get to 900 can still make progress.

Ex:  575 points or 16 wins= 10cp
            900 points or 40 wins= four star

Thoughts? 
    My thought is that this has been suggested several times already by other players in a couple other posts. Its a great idea!

The reason you probably haven't seen it is that you'd have to thoroughly read about 20 (low end estimate) pages of people that refuse to work together to find a compromise and instead say one of two things:

1) New system needs to be implemented. Here is why....

or 

2) Keep old system. Here is why....

The MPQ community, at least on the forum, are mostly ridiculous. Their primary "competition" is getting their way at the expense of the other side, instead of working for compromise to benefit everyone. And that's likely the real reason that MPQ doesn't take Forum advice. Out of 100 people in each argument you have 45 for, 45 against, and 10 that say "lets work together"...and the "winners" are the people that argue for the side MPQ adopts. But really there are no winners.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making everything win related almost completely eliminates the need for anyone to shield.  If nobody needs to shield, then they don't need to buy HP.  If they don't buy HP, the game doesn't make any money.

Are people going to shield just to shield strictly for their season score?  Unlikely.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, a blend would be good. They could even do it such that you can get to the 4* with either hitting 900 points or getting 40 wins.

And then the only way to get the last 15 cp is by hitting 1200 points.

Placement rewards would remain the same as they were before the test.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Orion said:
    Making everything win related almost completely eliminates the need for anyone to shield.  If nobody needs to shield, then they don't need to buy HP.  If they don't buy HP, the game doesn't make any money.

Are people going to shield just to shield strictly for their season score?  Unlikely.
    Yes and no. The players that don't mind grinding out 40 wins wouldn't use shields to get progression rewards but a lot would still use them to get decent placement rewards. And the players that are more high level and want to get the same rewards in a fraction of the time would naturally still use them on the points side of a dual system for progression and placement. My solution would be to bring back cp but only make it strictly obtainable with points. The final progression award via wins would be the 4* and then the cp is at 1200 pts. I'm a 3-4* transitioner and when I hit 40 wins I was in the 700s so that's still another 500 points that I would need to grind for, and shield for, to get close to hitting 1200. And if they decide to bring back cp and have it obtainable via wins then they could drop the 4* down to 30 wins then put cp at 50 or 60.

Edit. Weird. I didn't see mpqr's response when I replied to Orion but we have the same solution. Coolness.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said he was passing this idea into the devs on page 14 of the big thread.