4* DDQ: Ghost Rider vs Galactus

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
No biggie for lv140 3/5/5 Ghost Rider. Got him first time by matching away his countdowns wherever possible while looking for Red and Black. Wore Galactus down with one Hellfire and Burning Rubber each, and with Galactus having done >5500 damage with 11000 health remaining, I Penance Stared him to oblivion

LT gave Blade Red for lv274

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    three tries with a lvl 131 2/3/1 Ghost Rider with boosts. this fight would have been trivial if I had more black covers.

got a green Riri. she's 4/1/4 now
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Perhaps my favorite crash.

Level 140 3/5/3 GR. Boost all colors. Throw out a couple of reds and greens to widdle away at his health and let him slowly take me down to near defeat to unleash my black.

Level 300 AV, so I ended up with two LTs, second gave me 298 C4rol.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/2/1 just wasn't cutting it so I bit the bullet and bought the 2nd black. Got him first time at 1/2/2 with AP boosts. The extra health and % of PS was huge.

Token got my race to champ Blade before he exits got a little closer as he's 4/4/3 now, but I am still going to fall a wee bit short. At least he's balanced for setting him as a Bonus.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Easy peasy if you've got 5 covers in black. Lv 130 3/5/5. I stockpiled black just in case the board decided to be unfriendly. Let him whittle me down with his countdowns and special tiles, and then when I had like 1K health left Penance Stare did the rest. 
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cheat code level easy with my 4/5/3 LVL 250 GR - don't think he even got me below 10K health.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 1/1/0 GR will be sitting on the sidelines for this crash, and hopefully I will get back on course with StarLord next round
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Third try did it with a 1/3/2 GR. The LT got my 8th yellow Nova cover, meanwhile his black and red still sit at one each.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    My 1/1/0 ghostrider isnt even going to attempt this one!
    1/1/0 is gonna be difficult, but you can always try just for fun: my Lv135 2/4/1 beat Galactus on the first try because I managed to match all of his tiles. A good board and some luck and you might make it!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/2/2 level 127 and boosted as much as possible. Matched what I could from Galactus, then what I could for Ghost Riders abilities. Fired green and red once each then when Ghost Rider was at about 1000hps fired black for a first try win.

I expected to win, but thought it would take a couple days of trys to do so.

Token to the hoard.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 220, 3/5/5 GR.  I just waited until I had 12 black and his damage was enough for Penance Stare to take him out.  Simple.

champ level C4rol was my reward
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tried 2/2/3 Level 70 the first time around and got crushed, but realized that if I had enough health to last a few more attacks I could win. Bumped up to Level 111, boosted everything, cast Burning Rubber to help whittle down Galactus, then at the end cast Penance Stare twice doing 5500+ damage each.

Stockpiling the token until my next weekly token pull.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually managed to win with my 1/3/1 Level 115 GR with no boosts on something like my fourth or fifth try. 

It was Thursday, so I can't remember all the details, but I think I fired red and green at least two times each. I had some luck matching away his CD tiles and the "goo" tiles before firing Penance Stare. I finished with a whopping 186 HP left. 

I wasn't even gonna bother with his one, until I came her and saw people were winning with similar builds. So I just kept trying here and there. If I lost, I wouldn't use a healthpack or anything, just let him recover naturally and tried again later. 
  • Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I was able to win on my 2 attempt with my lvl 127 2/2/2 GR. Was lucky to get all  black matches and just penance stared him to oblivion. And for my LT got a green Riri to take her to 5/3/2.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. Read a couple of posts in here about low level wins, tried it with my 119 3/1/2, and won on the 4th try after giving in and dropping some boosts. Those tiny attack tiles really add up, and 2x Penance Stare sealed the deal just in time.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 152 GR 1/3/4 and 1st attempt. Just waited Galactus to do damage until GR almost downed and then did Penance stare.