Champ my first 4* with my next highest character being at level 180? Effects on PVE.

Options
jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2017 in Roster and Level Help
   Does anyone out there want to share their experience with PVE scaling when they champed their first 4 star with only lower level champed 3's (no 5 stars)?  I, and it seems most of the people in these forums, have happened upon 13 covers of Carol (plus 3 in my queue) and I want to know if anyone has done this with a lower level roster and had it work out.  

1)  I know enemy level max clearance in PVE may be coming soon, but what about until then? 

2) I know you've got to champ your first sometime, but if it means using Carol every single round of PVE, then I probably don't want to take the plunge at this point.

3) Having a boosted three star in an event is about the equivalent of having a 4 star champ on your team.  Because of that, is that the main reason my PVE scaling might not go up?

4) Would it be wiser to level her up to around the 180 mark and wait till I have a few more 4* available to champ before even thinking about champing her.  I realize that in 3* land I was concerned about champing when I was a noob, but 3* champ ups started dropping like flies after a few days, whereas it's going to take a long time, more covers and lots of ISO to get to one or two more 4* champs.

Here's my roster if anyone has any helpful comments I would greatly appreciate it.
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/jtsings/

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I champed my first 4* (C4rol), all of my 3*s were level 187 and under, but I had a couple level 255 5*s. (iirc, rostering 5*s didn't affect my scaling too much.) I saw about a 20 level increase in the scaling for my hardest node. It went from level 272 to level 293. What is the highest level you see for the hardest node?

I've been using C4rol a ton since champing her, but that's also because she really helps win matches quickly when paired with the right character. (in 3* land, I'd recommend pairing her with IF, Blade, Torch, etc.)

I was hesitant when champing my first 4*, but I never regretted it. Pretty quickly, you might find yourself ready to champ other 4*s. 
  • jtsings
    Options
    justsing said:
    When I champed my first 4* (C4rol), all of my 3*s were level 187 and under, but I had a couple level 255 5*s. (iirc, rostering 5*s didn't affect my scaling too much.) I saw about a 20 level increase in the scaling for my hardest node. It went from level 272 to level 293. What is the highest level you see for the hardest node?
      My highest on the last nodes is generally less than 250 (generally 220 range).  That is good to know that is what my scaling might be.  Thanks for the suggestion for pairing her with my 3*s.  I have torch at 11 covers right now and I look forward to champing him, so I can use him with Carol and Blade.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You'll be fine. You might need to use Carol in the tough nodes, but then, you'll want to use Carol in the tough nodes when you're fully in the 4* world as well. Your idea of pairing her with 3* Blade/Torch is a good one, essentially she pairs really well with special tile generators and countdowns; any character that brings these to the table will hit significantly above their weight; people like Torch that can do both? All the better!

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shouldn't change much at all. Boosted champed 3*s will be close to (unboosted) champed 4* levels anyways. And when Carol is boosted, she wrecks everything. Plus, there's plenty of 3* synergy for her between Blade, R&G, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Black Panther, etc...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    justsing said:

I've been using C4rol a ton since champing her, but that's also because she really helps win matches quickly when paired with the right character. (in 3* land, I'd recommend pairing her with IF, Blade, Torch, etc.)

I was hesitant when champing my first 4*, but I never regretted it. Pretty quickly, you might find yourself ready to champ other 4*s. 
    C4rol with Blade and Torch can be a brutal combination, especially if you save the Green AP until you can fire Torch's green twice, or even just get out one of Torch's Green counters and one of Blade's Black counters (versus C4rol's Black), and C4rol will be buffing Blade's Strike tiles every turn like crazy. Switch out Cage for Torch and his Protect tile can start mitigating a ton of damage.

I teamed up C4rol with 3* Spiderman and Iron-Man not too long ago, fired IM's recharge twice, all 6 counters survived and a couple of turns later I had a Strike tile adding 3k+ damage, and a Protect tile mitigating almost 3k damage.

My daughter started playing not too long ago, and when our Alliance got all three C4rol covers (from whichever Alliance event that was) she set her sights on C4rol as her first 4* Champion. She's more of a Supergirl fan but last time we were in our local comic book store she was looking for Captain Marvel comics ;)
  • jtsings
    Options
       Thanks everyone for all the helpful insight.  Unfortunately, the new non-vaulting system made my decision for me.   I could confidently say before the vaulting change, I would be able to get a 2 or 3 more four star champs within a month or so but with the new system it could be multiple months before I even get 1 more champ (even with bonus heroes, which don't drop often for me).  As much as I like using Carol, I don't think I would want to play her every node and if she were buffed in a PVE event, I truly would be screwed.  So my concentration now is roster slots, 2* farm, and 3* champing. Maybe when I finally get Human Torch champed I might be able to reconsider champing her again.  
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Scaling in PvE is no longer a thing...
  • jtsings
    Options
       Yeah now that's the case, I'm going to champ Human T3rch, then 2* Thor (my last 2* rechamp) then my iso will go to Carol.   Since Bl3de, T3rch and Carol seem to work well together, I can have a good team to send her in with. 

On a side note, this is the first time I had the ability to go into a clearance 8 node and, of course, they institute the scaling by enemy level on the one event that I had absolutely no characters, boosted over 200, so I could have cruised through CL8 with probably my highest enemy level being 200, lol.  However, I played CL7 last event and it was pretty competitive, so I can imagine CL8 would have been much more fierce; especially now that the enemy level will be less or on par with what most people are already accustomed to.