Black Vortex: Why are 4* Rocket and Gamora not buffed?

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
@Brigby The 3* versions are, why not the 4* versions? Why is the 4* version of Starlord buffed and not the 5* and 3* version?  

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a reason why 4* Rocket Groot, 4* gamorra, and 5* star lord aren't buffed for the Black Vortex event.  It looks like its just the old GoTg who were buffed and that someone forgot to buff the new guardians.

Is this a bug or an intended decision?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The event pre-dates team affiliations being a thing.  I would guess the buffed list was manually created based on available characters who fit the event storyline.  (Not auto buffing team members.)  And the devs haven't updated it, which is normal (that is, not making changes unless needed).

That said, it seems they could do it for next run.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't seem wrong, it is wrong.

I need my Baby Groot to be the terror of the offseason.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Not sure why so many x men are buffed. I have all the characters champed but it would have been nice to use some newer gaurdians.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because devs didn't want to update the buffed list? 

Too busy making that new character for us to champ and hardly use until they're boosted.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why so many x men are buffed. I have all the characters champed but it would have been nice to use some newer gaurdians.
    Because it was a comic book crossover event that featured x-men characters & guardians.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Updating the array of boosted characters with new character codes?! That could take seconds, maybe as high as 120  of them. The devs need time to sleep.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @ViralCore
    I passed this question along to the developers, and it's possible it might simply be an oversight. They will discuss this with the designer, but if anything the next time will have the Awesome Mix Volume 2 characters buffed!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was gonna ask why 4* Carol isn't either but I figured the answer was "Because 3* Carol is the one who was there at the time*.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was gonna ask why 4* Carol isn't either but I figured the answer was "Because 3* Carol is the one who was there at the time*.
    There's only one buffed Storm too, which could fit in with that justification.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we have affiliates flags, could these events not use them for the buff list? That way devs don't have to add new characters to the static buff list.