My mistake in PVP turned out good!

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
So I read the early comments before the new PVP test started about the likes/dislikes/expectations of what would happen. I am a 575 (sometimes to 650, depending on boosted 4* list) player. I need every 4* cover, be it for a champion level or to get someone enough covers to champion so I decided with the new test I'd go to 40 wins, if able. I saw many people talking about dropping to SCL5 for the event to get CP for placement. This is where my mistake begins...

Somehow I thought that to get CP for placement, I'd need to drop below these people. So I picked SCL4. Pretty quickly I realized that I was chasing a 2* Hawkeye at 40 wins instead of an XFW...UGH! Also, I was only getting 5 CP instead of 10 CP for progression...UGH!

Long story short, I kept an eye on the points and realized I could place highly in my slice. The rewards? 3 3* Carol covers, 4,000 ISO, and 10 CP for 1st place (and other stuff).

I finished 1st and ended up with 15 CP instead of the 10 I usually get from PVP + the 2 CP I'd have gotten for XFW level 272. Also, my first 1st place finish in any event, PVE or PVP, ever.

I'll take it.  

Comments

• Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Congrats on seal clubbing. Your mother must be proud. :)
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Insert25c said:
    Just made the best of a terribly designed test.  If demi doesn't want their newest players to suffer these types of drop-downs they have to either put a floor on how low you can drop down or (and more importantly) make the rewards for the higher SCLs so much better that no one would even consider dropping down to steal those placements.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    revskip said:
    Insert25c said:
    Just made the best of a terribly designed test.  If demi doesn't want their newest players to suffer these types of drop-downs they have to either put a floor on how low you can drop down or (and more importantly) make the rewards for the higher SCLs so much better that no one would even consider dropping down to steal those placements.  
    And the truth is, as a 4* player that could just jump into the 5* realm if I wanted to skip half the 4*s, I "need" CP and ISO. 

The other rosters in my top 10? They need many, many more 3* covers than they need CP. 

The rewards system is broken.