It's time to start hoarding, isn't it?

Options
Stick
Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
Alright, so first things first, I'm fairly compulsive when it comes to popping tokens and spending that 20cp. I've got about 5 champed 4 stars right now, and I'm working on like... all the rest, so usually when I crack a token it *will* be useful to some degree. However, after my last 3 4 stars to pop up were all Sandman's purple, I hit the brakes and I'm like "wait, just wait. Gotta use the ol' noggin' here."

While I understand that out of all the possible covers to get, it's more likely I'll get something different, I have had weird streaks before. (Carnage, I'm lookin' at you and your 5/5/0, bud...) I don't have any 4*s on the vine right now, and I want to keep it that way. Aside from cracking tokens, I tend to level up my 4*s as I cover them, so I don't really have an ISO stockpile right now. I usually build those up when I'm in a dryspell, or (obviously) hoarding.

So right now, I've got a meager 37CP and my covers (currently in LTs) are as such:
Coulson 3/3/1
Blade     3/3/5
Carol (Champed)
C & D     2/2/0
Gamora 4/1/1
IF           2/1/3
Medusa (Champed)
Mordo    2/2/5
Riri         4/3/4
R & G    3/3/1
Sandman 3/5/2
AVenom  1/2/4

I also have one(!) whole Latest Legend token, and I'm certain I'll pick up another tonight when my alliance finishes up in Sinister 6.

So, of the 12 available 4 stars, 3 of them have the possibility of getting a cover that could potentially die on the vine. I know Blade gets replaced by Vulture right away, and he only needs 2 more covers to get champed, while Mordo still needs 4 and Sandman needs 3. I have Riri, Coulson and R&G as BH right now (too many?) because I want to try getting them up and seeing how they work with C4rol & Medusa. Last season I was running those 2 plus she-hulk as my main Simulator team, mostly for the colour coverage. For that reason, I'm hoping to Champ Riri first. (I already got the covers from Sinister 6... my alliance is KILLING it!)

So yeah, the obvious answer is to start hoarding, right? I think that's what I'm gonna do, but I'm curious what others would do in this situation. I'd like to champ Blade before he leaves LTs, but I won't be bummed that much if I don't.

Comments

• Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Chances are very high that in 3 pulls you wouldn't pull the Blade covers you need right now.  I would start hoarding.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly didn't read the OP.  The answer to the title is simple.  If you are getting a lot of unusable covers and want to stop it then the answer is yes.  
  • Stick
    Options
    broll said:
    I honestly didn't read the OP.  The answer to the title is simple.  If you are getting a lot of unusable covers and want to stop it then the answer is yes.  
    I knew that going in, I just felt typing it all out would cement my decision. I don't have any unusable covers; I just want to avoid it. I think for this season, I'm going to hoard EVERYTHING then see how it looks afterwards.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After today, the answer is a resounding yes imo. Many many people are regretting not pulling their hoards now.
  • Stick
    Options
    I was hoarding for a while, then I got bored. Since I always hit max progression in PvE, and have... varying results? In PvP, I'm just gonna go ahead and open stuff. It's just more fun. I wanted to wait for Mockingbird to hit LTs, but then the Riri rework happened, and then RnG got boosted for Webbed Wonder and I discovered my new favourite team. I'll keep sitting on 120 cp just in case, but everything else (aside from vaults) is getting popped.

/thread