Which change goes live first?

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It's been over a month since the last SCL scaling test and not a word has been heard since.  We're now  coming to the close of the first progression via wins test.  Question is which do you think goes permanent first?

Which change goes live first? 39 votes

SCL scaling
51%
jojeda654sinnerjflDuckyrixmithWidget81Stax the FoyerxidragonxiChipster22Blindman13LLohmGoBucsGoevade420jgomes32DTrain514Rod5granneLandaleBeer40badsajlegeng 20 votes
Progression by wins
30%
WilsonFiskzonatahuntBowgentleawarnicafmftintHendrossMeanderKinDMBobby_LishezTelumWumpushunterRayElwood 12 votes
They go live simultaneously
17%
frachrNepenthetaz1977[Deleted User]revskipbrollHistamiel 7 votes

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something tells me we are not seeing the SCL scaling fix in the format that was presented in the tests. Otherwise it would be already implemented. And it's a huge shame as I am already riding on fumes with this game.

The PvP test - i have no clue yet. My participation will start towards the end of the event (not aiming at max progression which would be my goal if the target was closer to 30 wins) but rather the 10 CP and maybe placement if I get lucky.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progression by wins
    Progression by wins.

A change loved by the gigantic 575 and out crowd vs a change only loved by high level players.

No contest.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    They go live simultaneously
    I'm honestly thinking that they are testing both as once because their long-term plan is to change both at the same time at the start of a season.

Magic said:
    Something tells me we are not seeing the SCL scaling fix in the format that was presented in the tests. Otherwise it would be already implemented. And it's a huge shame as I am already riding on fumes with this game.

The PvP test - i have no clue yet. My participation will start towards the end of the event (not aiming at max progression which would be my goal if the target was closer to 30 wins) but rather the 10 CP and maybe placement if I get lucky.
    Last time they did a significant change to PvE they did like 5 tests over a few months.  Even if they felt the got it 100% right the first time I'd expect at least 1 or 2 other test to confirm and see if anyone liked other ideas better.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    None. Both have large issues.

PVE forces early scl8 players to go play for scl6 rewards unless they want to get crushed in placement.
    Fix: open scl 9 and 10 with significantly improved rewards. Or increase the rewards from scl6 to scl 8 level, scl 7 to scl 9 level and scl 8 to scl 10 level.

PVP is boring in the test. There's no incentive to play once you get 40 wins. And getting 40 wins can be frustrating depending on your MMR and when you can play. And worrying about the reward that matters most is annoying.
    Fix: Put CP back in progression. And offer wins as an alternative next to score. 900 or 40 wins. Whatever comes first. And 1200 or 60 wins or so for the CP.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    SCL scaling
    If we get one change scailing would be first. Pvp would need at least another test and i donn't D3 would do one mid-season...

Mind season > second test during off-season > another full season and only then i think we'd see this thing go permanent, depending on the results.

Also i don't think either will be implemented without some changes/tweaks.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Progression by wins
    I think progression by wins in PVP goes live and SCL scaling never gets implemented. Too many issues with that system.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neither will be implemented as is.

Both tests had vets sandbagging in lower CLs for better placement.  There's no way the devs would want that to happen permanently.