Who lives? Who dies? Blade vs AV

Options
JackTenrec
JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
Player moderately ensconced in the 4* tier (approximately a dozen champions, mix of new and vaulted) looking for advice:

I've got 3 AV covers and 2 4* Blade covers in my queue expiring in about a week, and about 130K ISO in the bank.  I could reap a small crop of maxed 2*s and generate another 300K of ISO (most have replacements, although most are well under 13 covers).

My AV is at 13 covers, but I need about 220K to champ.

My Blade is at 12 covers, but I should have 120 CP by the end of the week, but I'm guessing I need about 450-500K to champ.

My sense is that Blade is a better character to have, although he's leaving tokens pretty soon and would be a much bigger hit to my banked resources.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've sold plenty of Agent Venom covers because I've had other 4-stars to champ ahead of him. I'd definitely prioritize 4blade ahead of him too, if my 4blade was at 13 covers (which it isn't). And I like Agent Venom, I put him at lvl 150 to use when boosted and whatnot, but he's not going to be a part of any big game-changer strategies.

4blade you can do some interesting things with.
  • VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

My Blade is at 12 covers, but I should have 120 CP by the end of the week, but I'm guessing I need about 450-500K to champ.

I think you better check your math on the ISO. Going from 70-270 would only take 366K + 12,500 to champ.  Here is a useful calculator: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q6pvRSmFm8yYKNUP31_pIEjZNxLmXevFYgXTbvACGn0/edit#gid=1825466927

• JackTenrec
    Options
    VariableJ said:
    I think you better check your math on the ISO. Going from 70-270 would only take 366K + 12,500 to champ.
    That's incredibly useful, and also reassuring.  It turns out I was basing my guess off a flawed assumption: I was looking at the buy button ISO costs and noted that AV needed about 215K, and saw that Blade also needed about 225K to get to 250, so it seemed reasonable that I'd need roughly the sum of the two.  I thought that I'd already gotten AV to 250, but in reality he's only at 209.
  • JackTenrec
    Options
    As it turns out, I managed to bump up a SHIELD rank last night (thanks S6!) and actually managed to get both champed with days to spare.  I can't remember the last time I had a completely empty queue, and it feels pretty good.