New idea for the PVP beta test system

tfaludi
tfaludi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
Hi there!
I have a new idea about the PVP beta test. So we will get the rewards in the new system by won matches. How about going one step further and getting those rewards by crashes?
1 crash - standard token
2 crashes - heroic token
10 crashes - 4* cover.

I would love this new system!
Sorry for the irony, but i think we are getting 4-5 crashes a pvp easily, and it is not fixed for over a year now.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upgrade your phone. I've gotten maybe 2 crashes in a year on my iPhone 6s.
  • tfaludi
    so you say, avoid android altogether? that is the solution? im sure that this issue can be fixed in the code. its easier maybe, than everyone going over to iOS.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    There's been a marked uptick in crash rate for many users.

I used to get a couple of crashes a month. Last week alone, I got more than a dozen.

That doesn't look like a phone issue to me.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Daiches said:

I used to get a couple of crashes a month. Last week alone, I got more than a dozen.

Those many users may have something in common, either hardware or software, because I haven't seen any change in crash rate. And I know there are indeed more reports.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Starfury said:
    Daiches said:

Those many users may have something in common, either hardware or software, because I haven't seen any change in crash rate. And I know there are indeed more reports.
    The problem is definitely a software bug, given how wide spread it is.  That said, it is also possible that the software bug will be triggered more frequently in certain environments (amount of memory available to the app, screen resolution, operating system version, etc).  If the bug is an out of bounds memory access, or an attempt to access memory after it has been freed, the problem code might not even result in a crash every time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Starfury said:
    Daiches said:

I concur that on iPhone 6 Plus I haven't seen a crash in 9 months or more.  I saw them a lot when I first started about 1.5 years ago.  They've gone down not up for me.

However I started playing on my alt account this weekend for the first time in a long while.  3 crashes in a short amount of playtime.  This was on steam.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Obviously not a great solution, but I have experienced far less crashes after an uninstall/reinstall on Android. I was getting 5-6 crashes a day before, typically no more than 1 a day now.
  • tfaludi
    Just for you to know what im talking about: started my boss run, locked myself in, first boss node, crash. okay, no problem, restarted the game did 2 sidenodes, 2 boss nodes, crash again. So this is happening very, very often.