I've been trying to decide

RellySantana
RellySantana Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
For the past week if I should start over. I'm going to finally reach my 1 year in game in 2 days (Even though I have played for way more than a year due to a lot of breaks). I just really have had no motivation to play and feel like starting over will reignite that spark.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2 cents: don't start over, it's a bad idea. What makes the game fun is having a diverse roster and lots of characters/power sets to choose from. Stepping back to square one will put you in 'badly covered 1 and 2 star' territory, where 75%+ of your damage will have to come from tile matching, because powers are so low in damage output.

If you have no motivation to play, it might be better to take a break from the game for a while. Or attempt to define the factor that makes you demotivated, and avoid doing that.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Yeah starting over is never a good idea with a game like this that requires momentum (in terms of teams and levels). All it will cause is a delay in the inevitable and a slow dragged out death from the game.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the past week if I should start over. I'm going to finally reach my 1 year in game in 2 days (Even though I have played for way more than a year due to a lot of breaks). I just really have had no motivation to play and feel like starting over will reignite that spark.
    If you still want to play, but don't have that motivation, then set a series of short-term goals that you can accomplish like "champ a certain # of characters this month" or "make top 500/250/100 this PvP season"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to start over, make a new account.  i wouldn't delete your old one in case you change your mind.  I personally find some enjoyment in playing a lower account from time to time when the hoarding/grinding gets me down.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    You may also find yourself locked out of a lot of essential content due to vaulting, which is an entire additional level of frustration.  New account would seem to be the way to go if you want to test the rebooting waters.