Advice on 5* leveling needed

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
I'd just like some advice regarding what is the "safe" level to take my 5*'s witouth breaking my pve scaling and NOT putting me into 5* MMR.

Currently, I have OML/PH/Black Widow all at 375. I have around like 35+ 4*'s champions, they regularly hit 390 or higher when boosted.

Can I level my three 5*'s to 390? 400?

Thank you.

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    Follow-up question, if I'd champ only Phoenix, what happens? My PVE scaling probably goes up a little and I dont end up in 5* MMR for PVP?

Mind you at the moment I find grills easily already and I do find single 5* champ teams regularly past 1000.

Oh and I just want to level them because you know, lots of effort to cover them, wouldnt mind them being a little stronger but it does seem like a lot of trouble to get them past 375.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I have almost all 4* champed (up to lvl 305) and all my 5* still at 255. I'm thinking now about leveling some of my 5* up to 370-380. What is your level of hardest node in PVE (mine - 338)?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    My theory is (after speaking to a few others), the hardest node in PVE will top at 13 levels below the average of our top 5 characters.
    Hardest node 402. 
    Top 5 are 451, 405, 321, 305, 300. Avg 356.4
    more like a few levels (10) above my top 3 (avg 392)
  • sinnerjfl
    OJSP said:
    PVE will be slightly more difficult, but manageable.

PVP would mean seeing single 5* champs from the start rather than when we break MMR (which sounds like 1000 for you and your slice at the moment)
    Would I still be able to find 4* teams as well? Not ready to do the full jump to 5* MMR.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    @sinnerjfl what is your level of hardest node?
  • sinnerjfl
    ~371 I think, my boosted 4*'s are at 389/388/385.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I just went through this. I had 4 5*s at 360. I bumped my Thano5 to 390. Pve didn't really change, but pvp did. Now I was getting hit with more teams with one champed 5*. So I figured I'd champ HE and BP and seal with it. Yea... didn't work like that. Not only was I getting crushed by 550s, pve went from 1 hour to clear nodes to 2 hours. The scaling on pve is stupid. I've worked around pvp to where I can hit 1200+, but now I hate pve. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    OJSP said:

Did you include your boosted 4*s, I imagine your Rulk Cap Marvel and X23 would be close to 400? When they made some changes, they did mention that underlevelled/undercovered characters would not be taken into account to determine scaling, your OML might or might not be included.. or maybe it's not top5.. just top3 (my average would be 456.3)? (but it would make scaling really tight.. and slightly contradictory to what's in the CS replies that were mentioned in the forums a few months ago) 
    That's without boosted. Boosted will be 451, 405, 394, 393, 392. Avg top 3 is 416.6, avg top 5 is 407. 
    If I take out oml, the next is 375 and top 5 avg is 401. Top 3 would be 412