How about a small boost to War Machine

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

So the general consensus seems to be that War Machine is just "meh".

So how about a small boost to allow him to "see" trap tiles, say at 3xBlue "Heat Signature".

What would have to be changed is that you'd have to set up a "hidden enemy trap" (as it is now), and then "revealed enemy trap", essentially the same picture as friendly traps, but make them red instead of gray.

While not a game breaker ability, it would help you against Kisku/etc, and make him unique amongst other Heroes.

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't feel like that would be enough for make him worth a spot in a team. I just champed him very recently and did a few test-runs with various team.

His red-green mechanic is nice. But it is way too expensive (18 ap total) and the impact on the match when you manage to pull it off is not that much.

His blue damage is on average or may very slightly above average (700 per ap). The weird part is, you can't target invisible enemy anyway unless it is the last one left. So you either nuke a non-invisible enemy or wait until the invisible enemy is the last one. The former may end up letting the enemy turn invisible again, which for a power that costs 11 ap, that seems like a waste to me. Furthermore, there are only 4 characters (IW, Miles, Howard, and PX) who turn invisible by dropping invisible tiles. His blue, in my opinion, right now doesn't make any sense as a counter for invisible characters.

Maybe adding a passive that activate when you have certain amount of AP to see trap tiles, remove invisible tiles, or turn invisible character visible.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    A possible solution to that scenario is to pair him with IM40. If someone goes invisible and the tile(s) can't be matched away, fire recharge to get the red and blue. Then wait for IM40 to wake up from the stun, fire WM blue to deal damage and destroy the invisibility tiles, then rotate the character that had been invisible to the front and hit 'em with IM40 red.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    A possible solution to that scenario is to pair him with IM40. If someone goes invisible and the tile(s) can't be matched away, fire recharge to get the red and blue. Then wait for IM40 to wake up from the stun, fire WM blue to deal damage and destroy the invisibility tiles, then rotate the character that had been invisible to the front and hit 'em with IM40 red.
    This may be a viable choice for 3* roster (with WM partially covered or fully covered but unchamped) or 3*->4*. Even so, there are many other more versatile and/or efficient solutions to invisible like AoE. You idea definitely work, but I don't think it is worth two slots in your team.