What are your roster goals?

Blindman13
Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm a completionist. I want to have every character champed or max-leveled until i get enough covers. I currently have everyone rostered and all the 2*s and 3*s champed. I'm working on champing all 4*s as I get the ISO and covers, then will move on to leveling the 5*s.

What are your roster goals? 51 votes

I have a select few I want to use all the time
0%
As soon as my current * tier is playable I leave the lower tiers behind
3%
Punter1Spidurman27 2 votes
I want everyone, but focusing on leveling my top end first to do the most damage
31%
rixmithEbolamonkey84TiggidaOver__FlowAmazing Telman[Deleted User]The Viceroy ReturnsRazamatazevade420DTrain514finlanderboyrevskipbrollhunky_funkyArix90RayElwood 16 votes
I want everyone and I am slowing building from the bottom up
45%
KolenceMojoWildBlindman13Arctic_OneNepentheEfzichalOrionsmkspyn25phillyCalnexinSlothkinsForbushDarthDeVoBobby_LishezReecohcpeyton3535animaniactooLandaleTPF Alexislegeng 23 votes
I don't care much. I take what I get and play with what I have
7%
ZootSaxJaedenkaalTheZeusBearBeer40 4 votes
Other
11%
TheVultureaesthetocystFokaiHIWumpushunter[Deleted User]talleman 6 votes

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Change the verb tense on my answer to "I have slowly built from the bottom up."  I'm moving into leveling my 5* tier currently.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Other
    Im currently in 3-4* transition. Ive got almost every 3* characters and have an 2* farm going. Keeping only one 1* for DDQ. I collect 4*s even the vaulted ones but i focus on champing the latest 12. Sure i want as many characters as possible but necessary sacrifices need to be done. Therfore i save the ones that i like and think is fun to play and sell the rest.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want everyone, but focusing on leveling my top end first to do the most damage
    If I were to ever get to a point where I feel like I've won the game i would need to have every character champed and be able to keep up with new releases.  This is the achievable win scenario.  The ultimate win scenario would be to max champ everything, but I'm not willing to pay for that (cause that's the only way that's even remotely possible today) but if they ever stop updating and leave the game running in maintenance I would try to play to this point.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    As soon as my current * tier is playable I leave the lower tiers behind
    I could have had several answers.   I moved up to 4* with about 8 3s incomplete, none were fully covered and had a MaxPun cover dying after his boss event late last year.   So I took a chance and moved up. 

I did complete the remaining 3s, and have continued to do so.  I wasn't going to delay 4* for Doc Oct, that just seemed dumb (was my lowest 3 now and then).  

Right now, I'm semi hoarding and waiting to see how the game evolves.   I may push for 5* land, I may not.  I'm also having trouble convincing myself to champ vaulted 4s anymore unless I need them boosted.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I normally would say I'm a completionist as well, however I sold most of my 1-Stars, except for Juggernaut, for their roster slots.  :s
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I don't care much. I take what I get and play with what I have
    My goal is to have everyone usable. But I enjoy playing with all star levels so I take what I get and work from there. One of my favorite nodes is the 1* in the DDP. That's the only time I can use those characters and they're quite a bit of fun.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    I normally would say I'm a completionist as well, however I sold most of my 1-Stars, except for Juggernaut, for their roster slots.  :s
    I am and I did too, but IF I ever get to a day where I have everything champed and am keeping up with new releases I would go back and fill those out.  That day, if possible is still a long time a way.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Transitioning to 4* land and about to champ another 4* in Wasp, two 3s left to champ, trying to roster my last five vaulted 4s, rostering Devil Dino in a month and a half, then will work on rostering a dupe set of 2s so I can always have one maxed set and one strictly for farming. Swimming in hp which is a nice change from constantly chasing after it.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Other
    I want everyone enough to play all pve and mpq nodes. I don't need to champ all the characters.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    I focus on Championing the lower tier before moving up.  I also am a completionist and want to champion everyone while wasting as few covers as possible, regardless of how good they are.  I even spent 120 CP to finish covering my 5/5/2 Riri before 4 of her covers expired.

I'm a sick person...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    First it was rostering every 3*.

As that was happening, I was working on rostering and champing every 2* to get the farm going.

Then it was getting one cover in each color for each 3*.

Then it was champing every 3*. 

All along, I was slowly adding 4*. Much like the 3*s, the first goal was getting them all at least rostered, which happened a little less than a month before vaulting hit. I'm champing them as they come, but I'm still trying to get at least one cover in each color for each character. Currently just need St4r-Lord yellow, Drax red, Chulk blue and Sandman green.

I'm a little ambivalent on 5*s. In theory, I'd like to follow the same pattern (roster all, then one cover in each color for each character, them champ), but that will take just shy of forever. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Focusing at champing all 4 stars (32 champed so far) while slowing building my 5s. Pull only classics with my cp so I can maximize my chances for the 5s that I want.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are your roster goals?

Champ them. Champ them all. Then I will rule Marvel Puzzle Quest with the iron fist that is my roster, crushing all who dare oppose me.

Maybe after that I'll learn French, or something.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    My goals are simple. 

Keep focusing on my only 5 star which is Hawkeye. Fits well with most of my teams. Game gave me a lot of his covers so I rolled with it. 

Just finished up champing g4mora and spiderwoman learning who they pair well with. 

Bl4de, agent venom, rocket 4 star and Medusa are all one away from being able to be maxed so keeping and eye out for then. Stinks that Medusa and agent v are in a rough spot of 2/5/5 so it's not favorable.

Still have over 700k iso so in a good spot for that.