Friday News dump, what will it be today?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
With the "test" coming in pvp in offseason and being told on Discord that their will be more news today, what do you except?  I think it's pretty horrible for them to do a Friday news dump then run ouy the backdoor, but this is standard operating procedure.  

For me, I would like for them to address about 10 things that are currently outstanding. 

SCL 9-10
Bonus Hero Expolits
Sharing Accounts 
PVE scaling 
Broken PVP MMR
Chances to earn older 4* 
5* dupes for classics
5* dilution in Classics 
Roster slot Costs
Shield Clearance Level Cap at 125

But my guess is they will run another PVE test.

So....what are your thoughts for the news today? 

Comments

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Boosted and award list for the Sin6 that starts on Monday is about the only thing I'm confident we'll see.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    All future Announcements will be completely moved to Discord.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted and award list for the Sin6 that starts on Monday is about the only thing I'm confident we'll see.

I would be shocked if this wasn't announced and if anything other than this was announced.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Change in how vaulting works
    balance changes for next season
    change in boss event progression rewards 
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Now,  when you buy a stark,  it randomly distributes the cp amongst alliances that didn't make t100 last PvP event! Everyone wins! 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander said:
    Now,  when you buy a stark,  it randomly distributes the cp amongst alliances that didn't make t100 last PvP event! Everyone wins! 
    You know it's not about that.

It's about the little guys winning at the expense of vets.

Demiurge's design philosophy since day 1.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Meander said:

Isn't that what i basically said? Take cp away from buys and give them to nubs
  • Bowgentle
    Meander said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Meander said:

Isn't that what i basically said? Take cp away from buys and give them to nubs
    Semantics!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, you make a lot more people happy that way. It's why communism is such a popular form of government, and why even today you see entire government departments devoted to taking wealth from the 1% and spreading it around more evenly so the "clearance level 1"s of the world can have more.

Oh wait...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get it. When I was a new player, I had to walk uphill both ways to work, yet here I am with championed 5*s. The system works... it doesn't need to be any easier for new players. But it could use some work at being more relevant for advanced players. Even when I was just a 3* / 4* player, I could see that things would get much worse for me, once I started hitting the 5* world.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I don't get it. When I was a new player, I had to walk uphill both ways to work, yet here I am with championed 5*s. The system works... it doesn't need to be any easier for new players. 
    I don't disagree completely, but to carry your metaphor only slightly further, new players now have a road that's 3-4 times longer than it was when you (and possibly I) started. And because the game is so firmly in the 4* meta now, there's almost nothing for them before that point. Heck when I started, nearly 1000 days ago, you could actually do PVP with 2*s for a while, and the worst team you'd come across was a triple 166 with Thor. I mean, occasionally you'd see a 4*, I guess.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    With the "test" coming in pvp in offseason and being told on Discord that their will be more news today, what do you except?  I think it's pretty horrible for them to do a Friday news dump then run ouy the backdoor, but this is standard operating procedure.  

For me, I would like for them to address about 10 things that are currently outstanding. 

SCL 9-10
    Bonus Hero Expolits
    Sharing Accounts 
    PVE scaling 
    Broken PVP MMR
    Chances to earn older 4* 
    5* dupes for classics
    5* dilution in Classics 
    Roster slot Costs
    Shield Clearance Level Cap at 125

But my guess is they will run another PVE test.

So....what are your thoughts for the news today? 
    Hey, I'd be happy with that! I don't even expect that much.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ...and why even today you see entire government departments devoted to taking wealth from the 1% and spreading it around more evenly so the "clearance level 1"s of the world can have more."

By saying that, you are saying it was their wealth in the first place.  In most cases, that wealth was created by someone else, and was allowed to be unfairly distributed(taken from them) in the first place.  The 1% run the governments and set up the systems that we all inhabit.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Meander said:

It won't be at the expense of vets. Coordinated vets who hold top 5 in PVP won't lose anything. The only ones who have anything "taken away" are the tier 5 players who crowd into brackets with wild abandon and fill up the top 30 spots. The only people taking anything away from vets are other vets. If vets coordinate a top 10 instead of top 5, they'll still maintain their status of being the only players getting 15 CP. Little guys who worked their butts off just to get a usable roster of 4*s can't push you out of those top spots. They can't take the CP you're going to get.
  • Bowgentle
    zodiac339 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Meander said:

It won't be at the expense of vets. Coordinated vets who hold top 5 in PVP won't lose anything. The only ones who have anything "taken away" are the tier 5 players who crowd into brackets with wild abandon and fill up the top 30 spots. The only people taking anything away from vets are other vets. If vets coordinate a top 10 instead of top 5, they'll still maintain their status of being the only players getting 15 CP. Little guys who worked their butts off just to get a usable roster of 4*s can't push you out of those top spots. They can't take the CP you're going to get.
    But we're not coordinating for t5.
    We're coordinating to get as many people to 1200 as easily as possible, including your "little guys" with 4* rosters.
    Actually,_especially_ the little guys.
    The 5* rosters grill all the time for them, not for each other.

We just happen to be scoring a lot of points in the process of providing qs, so of course we end up t10.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    According to the devs there will be 2 items of news released today
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE fixed scaling will go into effect permanently after the boss event re-run. 
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I sincerely hope you are correct sir
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I feel the later in the day it gets, the more unpopular the news will be.
    Hope I'm wrong.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would the most unpleasant news be?
    "We're adding Teemo to the game, bye!"