Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Blammo! We Got Ya! (Green) Not working

imstuck
imstuck Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Have 14 Green gems, power cost is 10.  Enemy has 8 Strike and Protect Tiles on the board.  Facing Venom (1*), Daken (2*), and Bullseye (2*) with The Hood (Classic, Intimidation) as the support card.  No ability for countdowns on the board.  Us the Power, enemy Strike and Protect tiles reduced by 1.  I would expect 2 to be missing, as the power reduces the pool by 10 and as my pool didn't increase afterward I didn't make a green match that would increase the enemy strike tiles.

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    3*Groot's green destroys the tiles at random. It doesn't always destroy special tiles, only make the special tiles a possible choice. (Unlike some other powers that say "destroy random basic tiles, which, in this case, the special tiles will never be destroyed directly by the power.)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    To be clear, Groot will destroy the 4/8 tiles in the middle of the board regardless of what type they are. (Ok, except fortified and locked tiles, which he'll merely unlock).

The bonus destroyed tiles per 2 Green AP (that's one tile per 2 Green AP total, not per 2 Green AP over 10) are chosen randomly from the remaining 56/60 tiles, and can (not guaranteed) include non-basic tiles as described in the level of the power.

So in your example, you have 14 Green AP. The power will destroy the 4 tiles in the center of the board (assuming you don't have 5 covers in the power, if you do, it'll destroy 8) plus an additional 7 random tiles which could be either basic tiles, enemy protect tiles, or enemy strike tiles, for a total of 11 (or 15) tiles destroyed. The power costs 10 Green AP, so after you use it you'll have 4 left unless you got a green match in a cascade from the destroyed tiles or something.
  • imstuck
    imstuck Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the clarification.