Slow news day?

Nepenthe
Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
We're down to just 2 stickied announcements.  Is nothing new and and exciting upcoming in the world of MPQ?  Has all communication moved to discord? Is the OP of this thread way too bored? Discuss!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm expecting (or rather hoping) they post an awards preview today or tomorrow for the next Sinister Six event which starts Monday. We'll probably hear about a new character some time next week.  

I've tried the discord thing, I'm not crazy about the everything is one giant chat format, so despite the devs being there I'll stick to here and look at what the devs say there from time to time.

You're definitely bored.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    This just in! You're gonna fight against Daken a million times today.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's something exciting coming soon.

In the last update, the font on the You Win screen was set too small, and then with this new update, it was resized to be more appropriate. Could that actually mean something, anything? Who knows!!!
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    People keep going on about Discord. Is this a private members club or what?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no news posted on discord either.

All that's going on is that there is now a 7 day event crossing over the threshold and we are about to go off season, right after a character release, before a boss event that starts on like monday.

There's nothing to say
  • GurlBYE
    mexus said:
    mpqr7 said:

In the last update, the font on the You Win screen was set too small, and then with this new update, it was resized to be more appropriate. Could that actually mean something, anything? Who knows!!!
    Don't forget that they accidentally pushed some kind of hinty reward preview things that suggested a new PVP reward system based on total wins.
    eh, I would literally not be surprised if it was a visual bug they couldn't figure out that happens to still function
  • GurlBYE
    mexus said:
    GurlBYE said:
    mexus said:
    mpqr7 said:

Don't forget that they accidentally pushed some kind of hinty reward preview things that suggested a new PVP reward system based on total wins.
    eh, I would literally not be surprised if it was a visual bug they couldn't figure out that happens to still function
    Aaaand they changed position of the button you use to buy PVP shields from left side to right side.
    Just too many small, strange tweaks to not be working on something neat.
    My faith has faltered a lot after some time here
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    mpqr7 said:

Well, if they're going to test something new, off-season is a good time to do it, right? Only Daredevil and Vulture PVPs left in the season, if there's a new PVP something going on, I bet we find out soon.

There's nothing going on right now, but with another run of Sinister Six, these hints at PVP stuffs, and a new character on the horizon (because there's always a new character on the horizon), it'll definitely pick back up in the next week.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Everyone should check out the pvp test announcement, that's pretty newsy.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    No news is sometimes good news
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, definitely an instance of "be careful what you wish for".
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Great!  That's much less than a typical day.
    Daken is like an ex that just wont get the message. I know Chemical Reaction is a pretty weak attack compared to other characters but its insanely annoying seeing it every couple of turns! 
  • Nick441234
    Hopefully a return to 4 clears for max progression will be announced in the coming days.. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always get hopeful when I learn about upcoming changes, but they generally tend to be one step forward and two steps back. Let's give the same rewards... but for twice the work!!!

???
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    People keep going on about Discord. Is this a private members club or what?

No.

It's a general website for video game chat rooms(I think kind of like line, which I don't use?) and there is a channel about MPQ called "Puzzle Warriors". There are a few people who work for Demi/D3 who have accounts there, and due to the chat function, info and ideas tend to exchange faster, but, to my knowledge, there has never been anything announced on Discord before it was announced here. It has also been clearly stated that there never will be any news leaked there early. The closest I can think of to a spoiler, is that yesterday someone from Demi said only that there would be "Good News Friday tomorrow". Later, Brigby showed up and posted a link to the announcement that was already made here, which started a discussion.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Great!  That's much less than a typical day.
    Daken is like an ex that just wont get the message. I know Chemical Reaction is a pretty weak attack compared to other characters but its insanely annoying seeing it every couple of turns! 
    You must not have been here when Ragnarok and 3* Magneto's red abilities cost 2 AP
    "HRRRRAARRGHHH" Every. Single. Turn.
  • Nick441234
    That was indeed before my time, and thank god too!!!