Championing old vs latest with the hoard in mind

Options
Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
Question to you guys. I have enough ISO to champion another 4* (already 30+ championed, nothing to write home about the 5* - OML at 315 is my highest and he is 4-3-2; Strange is 5-5-3, lvl 300, Bolt is 1-4-2 and BW - 3-4-3).

My options are (1-3 will give me LT token when championed):
1. Drax (extra cover from the resupply list in couple of days)
2. Winter Soldier from PvP if I get 900 but I doubt it - more likely snipe effort for Vulture
3. Miles from the next PvE in a week or so.
4. Rocket and Groot max covered but no covers on the wine.

In general I thought about championing Rocket and Groot as they seem fun. Since I already have the ISO i might get enough to champion two of the options within 2 week window. Also of the non-championed vaulted ones I like TAHulk a lot as a partner for Rhulk when he is boosted. But I don't have any covers for him as well and Rhulk boosted week is almost over.

Extra information - I intend to hoard the CP for as long as I can so anybody of the 12 is out of the question. They are championed already or I don't have enough covers (with RnG being the last one that I can champ - Gamora, Sandman, C&D and Vulture lack covers).

There was some hope that I can try to move to 5* land but since the devs are not saying anything about the scaling in PvE the 5* remain where they are.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It seems to be the best idea to max 4* that are available in legendary tokens, so if/when you open more tokens if you get another cover it isn't a waste.

The only exceptions seem to be for Peggy or other super high level 4*.

I'd go with R&G.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Given the choices you listed, and given how much fun R&G is (and how well he plays with the current 4* world of Carol, Medusa, Carol, Coulson, Carol, Blade, Carol, etc.), you can't go wrong with them.

Besides playing well with Carol, they also play well with several others. Super fun. It's almost a no-brainer.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R&G it was. I quite like him but I am still not sure of the preferred build. With Medusa/Carol/Wasp teams I think 5 in yellow is a must. After that maybe 5 in green as I am more likely to use green (non of the partners use it) then blue (especially with Wasp on the team).