Fastest PVE Teams

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
My new favorite for quick clears is OML/CapMarv4/HT3. Set CapMarv4's yellow and black to 5. Start up HT's Green, and you are basically set to win in just a few turns. If you can do one of CapMarv's Blacks, then it's even faster. I love it!!!

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For those of you who don't have an Old Man Logan, sub in 3-star Iron Fist. His purple gets CapMarv4's black going that much faster. He creates an attack tile that can get boosted to insane levels very fast. Using Iron Fist with C4rol and Loki, after the AI made four match-4s in the same turn, his attack tile was doing 6300 pts of damage each turn.

If you are sticking solely to 3-star realm, try either Iron Fist, Dr Strange and Falcon (goons) or Thanos, Patch and Rocket/Groot. Court Death after a Berserker Rage will wipe out a lot of teams.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5*Thanos, 4* Gamora, 4* Rocket and Groot = quick and merciful death for the first several nodes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the first three easy nodes I use Strange and two throw-away five-stars that cover a rainbow of match damage. If there are no goons I'll swap Strange with 3Blade. I haven't found anything that can go faster.

After that I'll usually switch to Charlie's Angels (ProfX, GSBW, Switch). That's a fast team and will usually clear out a couple of the hard nodes swiftly.

When things get hairy I switch to Peggy, IM40, & Moon Knight. That team, even unboosted, can handle just about anything in short order.

If Red Hulk is boosted I'll use him exclusively in the required nodes, partnered with Switch. Rulk's green at 16k AoE ends things quickly. Otherwise, I'll actually mix and match teams, trying to (gasp!) compliment the required character.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

If Red Hulk is boosted I'll use him exclusively in the required nodes, partnered with Switch. Rulk's green at 16k AoE ends things quickly. Otherwise, I'll actually mix and match teams, trying to (gasp!) compliment the required character.
    Complimenting the required character?  Using strategy in your team building?  That's just crazy talk!!  :p

But yeah, the number of times I haven't used Red Hulk/Scarlet Witch and someone else in this latest Hulk event where both of them are boosted is very, very low.  IM40 (also boosted!) for extra green generation via recharge is a good third.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OML + 3* Thanos + any other buffed 4* = snooze of the early 3 PVE nodes.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DCUDCU said:
    OML + 3* Thanos + any other buffed 4* = snooze of the early 3 PVE nodes.
    That's the only way! I don't have time to spend 30 minutes on easy nodes!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For any node that has at least one goon, Strange+Bl4de+Medusa. Always destroy Medusa's countdown for attack tiles and you choose whether to let red give you strikes or use Bloodlist.

As for a similar team mentioned in the OP, C4rol+T3rch+Dak3n. Two green matches give you 4 strikes to use Torch's countdown on and it builds quickly!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    carol, daken and loki is the ultimate glasscanon. 
    get a match 3, let the ai match a match 4,start downing one after one with the 2nd or 3rd turn. 
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For easy nodes in pve, I've started using medusa, 4 star grocket with 4 star lord. With grocket strike tiles and medusa's damage tick, this clears them faster than 2 5's and thanos. Must have a guardianship character in there to work to boost the strikes higher. Gamora would also work 
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For the first 3 nodes, Miles, Thanos, and Patch work quickly.
    Miles can hit the red power soon, Thanos clears things out, and Patch heals, and can do something if the match lasts past a minute.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These days I use 4* Gamora, 4* Rocket & Groot, and 3* Doctor Strange. Those free strike tiles (buffed by Gamora) with Strange's auto-damage are crazy. Then I focus on blue and try to pull of Gamora's stun, hope for a purple attack tile to speed things up even more.
  • Power_Stryke
    Power_Stryke Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* Thanos, Panther & IM cuts to the chase pretty quickly  :) 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the fastest combo (for those who have acces to them) is 5* Thanos, 5* Panther & 3* Dr Strange. All you need is 1 cover in black for Thanos, and 1 red for Panther (extra covers are just bonus). In trivial nodes, Dr Strange is not required, but in the mid tier he is very effective at getting the combo going.  

I don't think there is a faster combo in the game, in low & middle tier. When teams start to get harder, the combo speed wears off, if the heroes are not leveled up. But you can effectively make half of a sub with this combo only. 

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options

Been using Grocket, Starlord & Medusa.  Buffed strike tiles, plus guaranteed attack tile damage on the 2nd turn, plus cheap red if any powers are fired by the enemy all make the first 4 nodes pretty trivial and quick. 

Also doesn't drain any health packs as no Thanos.

Sometimes by the later levels on the 3rd or 4th nodes, I'll switch in Thanos for Medusa.  1 cascade to trigger court death and a win.

(Missed that MpqTron already mentioned this, it's a great combo)

• Evilplayer
    Evilplayer Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanos, d.strange and one 5*  (or buffed 4*) for dmg. Easy and fast :) 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For goons: Dr. Strange 3*, Iron Fist 3* and any 5* you have at 1-3 covers (Phoenix, Silver Surfer, Cap etc).

Non-goons:Agent Venom, Carol 4*, Blade 4*, Thanos 3*, Iron Fist 3*, Iron Man 3*, Luke Cage 3*, Medusa if fighting against Bullseye or Daken.
  • Dormammu
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For a 3-star roster, when facing high level goons, there is a team that will chew through goons no matter how high their level gets:

IM40
    Patch
    Dr. Strange

The key, as usual, is to use IM40's recharge as fast as possible to charge up Patch's red & green, along with Strange's blue. Once you have those ready, fire Patch's green. This fills the board with strike tiles. The enemy strike tiles don't matter because (most) goons won't make matches. Then hit Patch's red. It's not as effective as IM40's red but he's stunned and you want more strike tiles anyway. After that, stun the goon with the most health with Strange's blue and then rotate that stunned goon to the back of the pack.

Now watch as Strange's blue and yellow, super-buffed by all of Patch's strike tiles, chew through guys like they were made of wet paper.

While Strange is doing his passive thing, start matching any of Patch's enemy purple strike tiles away, which will fill Strange's purple bar while doing huge match damage. Fire Strange's purple to help get rid of any straggling enemy strike tiles (not they they are much of a threat, but it gives you something to do).

This strategy will make goons who are 100-200 levels higher look like weak helpless babies.

(Edit: for Venom Bomb, sub Strange with Doc Ock and use his blue instead - the amount of damage it'll do is quite impressive.)
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'll actually mix and match teams, trying to (gasp!) compliment the required character.
    Yes to this!! Every PVE event i set out to use the boosted 3* + 4* and then another (usually 5*/boosted 4*) of my choice to complement the team. When i've got a roster of almost 120 it seems like a waste to run the same teams over and over, so it's fun to have some restrictions/ideas on teams to build for events. Sometimes it creates some duds, but other times i find new teams that end up being incredible. As an example a couple of events ago 3* blade and 4* medusa were boosted. I ran them with 5* doctor strange and during the event managed to champion medusa. It was absolute carnage and the best team i think i've ever fielded! The team deal an absolute ton of damage and are really resilient thanks to Medusa's massive healing. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boosted or not, I don't think there's a faster goon clearing team than Carol/4R&G/4SL. I used them over all of my boosted 4-stars today in Day 2 of Meet Rocket & Groot and I haven't taken any damage in any of the 5 clears I've done in the goon nodes yet. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I blasted through the second sub in R&G using Charlie's Angels in every node other than the three essential nodes, all six clears, without using a single health pack. (Used IM40 & Strange for the essentials.) The first four clears took an hour. The second two clears took 40 minutes. That's about the fastest I can accomplish with my roster, though I probably could have shaved a couple of minutes by using a Thanos team on the first 2-3 easy nodes.

(Normally I like a little more team variety, but it was pretty fun seeing how far Chuck and his ladies could take me.)