Gamora and Rocket rewards

MrBowers
MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
Does anyone know when gamora and rocket rewards will change to their 4* counterpart? I currently have a gamora in my queue but would rather get a gamora cover than starlord

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    It's not likely to happen any time soon, if at all. Gamora's going to be in tokens for months to come, and 4* Star-lord covers are difficult to come by. In your place, I'd apply the cover and move on.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's certainly possible.  They have done similar shake-ups twice recently.  However there's no way to predict when/if they would do it.  I wouldn't hold your breath and assume they won't and be presently surprised if they do.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's unlikely to happen, but if it would change any time soon it would likely be next Thursday when the new season starts.  If you can hold onto your Gamora until then it might be worth it, but otherwise, if I were you I'd take the Star Lord at this point.  With 3* Gamora out of the token pool, her covers are more rare than some.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    They shuffled the 3* cover rewards not too long before these characters were released. I'm hoping they don't shift for a few more months at least. I'd like to get about 30 more covers for 3* R&G for the red Drax cover I don't have yet. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    It's unlikely to happen, but if it would change any time soon it would likely be next Thursday when the new season starts.  If you can hold onto your Gamora until then it might be worth it, but otherwise, if I were you I'd take the Star Lord at this point.  With 3* Gamora out of the token pool, her covers are more rare than some.

I would actually say the reverse - it is likely to happen eventually but who knows when.  They've changed Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, and Blade to their 4* counterparts - they are very likely to do the same with R&G and Gamora.  IIRC they did not announce some of the above changes, so I can't recall how long it took.  If you want to hoard the cover, you can keep it until the next season - it's only a week away after all.

I'd say, though, if you have any chance of completing Star Lord you should go with him.  Star Lord is one of the best support characters in the game - incredibly useful at any tier.  If you can't, well, a completed 4* is better than an incomplete one.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been around for two updates/reshuffles to which 3* champ rewards give 4* covers, and they've always announced ahead of time what the changes will be, usually about a week or so. 

That way you can plan accordingly if you're close to 183/223/265, whether that's trying hard to get the existing character before the change happens or holding out and getting the new character after the change.