What's important from your alliance?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I recently started a new alliance and I'm struggling to find members to fill the ranks. I get it - the game's pretty established and most folks have settled in, plus an alliance with only a small # of members isn't overly attractive. But it begs the question: what is the most important thing you want from your alliance? Just curious to get the pulse of the forumites. I don't want to do a poll because there's a lot of possible answers, but I'll provide some of the benefits below. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Competitive PvP rewards
Competitive PvE rewards
Chat/Fellowship
Team-Ups
Daily ISO bonus
Advice/Help
Boss event rewards
Prestige of being in a top alliance
Line chat
Having a team of informed forum members

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    For me, it's having fun which is probably closest to Chat/Fellowship.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it really depends on your level of engagement with the game and your own goals vis a vis PVE and PVP.  

When I first joined up I just jumped into a casual alliance for the daily ISO bump (which was much lower then).  Shortly after that I joined a very solid PVE focused alliance because I wanted top tier rewards for my contributions and during boss events.  After jumping into the 4* transition I moved to a hybrid alliance that gets top 100 in both PVP and PVE since I could now compete in PVP.  That alliance is big enough that it has a very well developed Line presence so I get to avail myself of plenty of great roster advice and advice specific to PVE/PVP as well.  

Two close friends of mine who play the game much more casually then I do are both in the same casual alliance since they joined 2 and a half years ago.  They care way more about the camaraderie that they have built up than rewards or advice.  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    First, I would ask myself why I am not with my previous alliance and make those the points of importance to find my new alliance.

From your list, you seem to be looking for experienced players. Finding players like that may be difficult at this point, but I would say the no drama with lots of communication would be the way to go. The clears for pve and scores for pvp would mostly already be expected by these players. 
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I am not into the chat so much.
    For me it is mainly the rewards.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    For me, it is mainly for the ISO, PVE and Boss event rewards.  We have Line in my alliance and I read all the posts and sometimes get some helpful advice.  I will also provide team-ups occasionally but have never asked for any as I don't feel that I need them.  For new character releases, we are always in the top 100.  The rest of the time it is pretty much casual play.  Not all of our alliance members play PVP however I usually will play up to 650 for the token.  Depending on what cover is offered, I will sometimes go for the 900 points, but not very often.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    For me:
    Competitive PvE rewards
    Chat/Fellowship
    Advice/Help
    Boss event rewards
    Line chat

Obviously for many this is one too, but not currently for me and my alliance:
    Competitive PvP rewards

Ultimately you want to choose if you want to focus PvE, focus PvP, or be a hybrid alliance (it's obviously harder to be good at both).

As someone who built and alliance up from obscurity to T100 recently here's some advice:
    • Kick your non-actives, a good alliance needs everyone active.
    • If you're having problems just getting to 20 maybe make your alliance public to get it started, then start replacing the low performers/non-actives with stronger 
    • Decide your focus and make rules around it (and enforce those rules).  For example in my alliance Max Progression in every PvE event is required.  If someone misses they get a warning, if someone gets 3 warning in a 3 month period they are kicked.  People who go away for vacation, work trip, hospitalization, etc get passes assuming they properly notify/aren't constantly going on vacation.
    • Make a recruiting thread in the alliances section that has your rules, put it in your sig (see mine as an example) and update it when you have openings (also post in the looking for member thread).
    • I post my alliances placement each event so people applying can see where we stand and make an informed decision
    • Use LINE in game chat is terrible.
    (I want to punch the save draft feature so bad right now, wigged out and kept undoing spelling corrections.  Can we please go back to the old forum??!)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, an alliance that does well in placement for pve and pvp, but doesn't need to be crazy high. Preferably, one that does around as well as I do, so that I'm neither the top scorer or way near the bottom.

Also super chill, no drama. And if sometimes people can't hit mins, it's no big deal. My current alliance family is nice because it has a few different versions, so if for instance, you go on vacation, you can generally just shift into a more casual alliance. But if you start going really hardcore, they have a high scoring alliance as well.

I think it would be pretty difficult to start a brand new alliance on your own and find 19 other amazing players. But if you are experienced, there should be plenty of alliances you can join... a consistent and solid scorer is hard to find!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor

Chit-chat, advice, and team-ups.

I more-or-less inherited a casual alliance from another player a few years ago. Literally our only rules are to have fun, not be jerks to each other, and be willing to send team-ups.

• Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    CP and trolling, that's all they are good for
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Rewards from all sources. Pve, pvp, boss and daily iso
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Maceo511 said:
    CP and trolling, that's all they are good for
    You forget stickers.