v2.2.0 Release Notes (7/25/17)

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    bken1234 said:
    I just figured that those sets had enough new PW that they didn't need to print old ones. 

It's almost as if we didn't need to come up with convoluted theories to explain obvious phenomena.

I try to keep things simple. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    bken1234 said:
    madwren said:
    shteev said:
    madwren said:
    Fascinating--the ability to print past planeswalkers (Elspeth being from Theros) is pretty huge news.
    What, like Garruk Wildspeaker and Ajani Vengeant?

Well, as you know, when the planeswalkers were originally released, we had Jace Telepath Unbound, Gideon Battle-Forged, Chandra Roaring Flame, Liliana Heretic Healer, Nissa Vastwood Seer.

During BFZ, they released the 3 planeswalkers from that set (Gideon Ally of Zendikar, Kiora Master of the Depths, Ob Nixilis Reignited) and concurrently released five older planeswalkers: Garruk Wildspeaker, Ajani Vengeant, Tezzeret the Seeker, Sarkhan the Mad, and Koth of the Hammer. This bolstered the original lineup and gave us greater color coverage.

However, it then stopped altogether. Since OGW, and through SOI, EMN, KAL, AER, and AMK, they have followed a strict release policy that has not included any older planeswalkers. They have only released planeswalkers from those sets, which led some, including myself, to theorize that they didn't have much wiggle room anymore and that the original planeswalker extravaganza was simply to build an initial pool. 

Therefore, it's noteworthy that they're pulling in an older planeswalker. Even though it's most likely because they were very short on planeswalkers for this block, it shows that they do have a bit of leeway regarding how strictly they must adhere to set releases.

I just figured that those sets had enough new PW that they didn't need to print old ones. 

It's almost as if we didn't need to come up with convoluted theories to explain obvious phenomena.
    I think they will do what they can to make money up to the point of only almost breaking, but if we don't see a three color, we know they restrain from totally breaking the game. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    madwren said:

Oath had two planeswalkers, they released none and brought in zero old ones; EMN only had two, and they released one (L2) and skipped one (Tamiyo) without bringing in old ones; Aether Revolt had two (A2, T2) and they didn't bring in old ones.  It's nice to see that in this set, which is similar to EMN, they decided to bring in Elspeth instead of only releasing Samut. 

Ohboy said:

Eh? It isn't a particularly convoluted theory. It's an observation that they didn't print old planeswalkers for approximately a year. Now, we know they can dip back in the well when they choose. That's great. Not a controversial take here, but thanks for trying to disparage it nonetheless. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options

we know they restrain from totally breaking the game. 
    If only.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any word on the events here?  I'm excited to see.  :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @James13 We will be posting the Final Release Notes soon, which will contain all the details about the new upcoming HOU events! Keep an eye out for it!

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I said this on slack already, but it's amazing how much they changed without announcing it beforehand. Which leads to lots of freak outs and confusion, even if the changes might be good. Why are you scared of communication?
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Once every two hours for the free card... Wow. Just wow. /s
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    can they at least stack?  ain't nobody got time for that..
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed.  WHEN and WHERE did we want this?  Last thing I remember when the node timers were changed, we wanted more time in between charges... the changes to the "daily boosters" is practically along the same lines as the prior changes to the nodes!
  • madwren
    Options
    HomeRn said:
    Agreed.  WHEN and WHERE did we want this?  Last thing I remember when the node timers were changed, we wanted more time in between charges... the changes to the "daily boosters" is practically along the same lines as the prior changes to the nodes!
    Since the game has been hemorrhaging players, I suspect this, as well as the 4-hour refreshes, is an attempt to drive up the number of times a person checks into the app. 

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While Exert does look like it could be an evergreen action keyword in paper Magic in the future, seeing Elspeth get it feels a bit odd. I kinda lament the sheer suckiness of her red and black mana gain, but +7 white admitedly does mean a lot. We should've done the same to Koth, I think.

One thing I worry about the Return of God Pharaoh Events is that, given that we have Shatterstorm and Solemnity, it seems that Hibernum has realized Cast Out and Drake Haven have been making Node 3 a bit too easy to some, and takes measures to make sure we always lose Node 3 this time. That is not how you make enjoyable event, Hibernum, cut that out.

The new Free Daily Booster..... I'm.... okay, not too shabby, but not exactly something I cheer either. Best case scenario we still get only 9 cards per day (assuming 7-8 sleep hours), and I suspect there is NO hoarding (I mean, really, why would they make things easy for us and let us collect cards once every 6 hours instead of once per 2 hours?)
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    HomeRn said:
    Since the game has been hemorrhaging players, I suspect this, as well as the 4-hour refreshes, is an attempt to drive up the number of times a person checks into the app. 

This is ironically a bad thing for D3H, because every time a player logs into the app to collect a card, they realize there is nothing to do in this game without quick battle.
  • madwren
    Options
    Steeme said:
    madwren said:
    HomeRn said:

This is ironically a bad thing for D3H, because every time a player logs into the app to collect a card, they realize there is nothing to do in this game without quick battle.

I agree to a point; I mean, there are a multitude of different events, and that's the one thing I think they're doing well. Like, right now we have ToTP and Fateful Showdown, so there are things to do...it's just a question of whether people think the rewards from doing those is worth the time invested.  Certainly, there are some that do, but as we know there are also many who think it is not. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well the new update just caused me to reset my entire account, loading up a FB profile apparently wasn't the right one and I've lost a year's worth of work. I'm done with this game. The stupidly slow load times compared to MPQ was sort of acceptable but this is too much.
  • madwren
    Options
    Well the new update just caused me to reset my entire account, loading up a FB profile apparently wasn't the right one and I've lost a year's worth of work. I'm done with this game. The stupidly slow load times compared to MPQ was sort of acceptable but this is too much.

I think Customer Support has helped with account restores previously. Alternately, is there a way to disconnect from that FB profile and put in the correct one?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:

I think Customer Support has helped with account restores previously. Alternately, is there a way to disconnect from that FB profile and put in the correct one?
    Uninstall then reinstall the app should prompt you to re-enter the facebook info and should work.  Clearing the app data might also work without the reinstall, but reinstall will work for sure.
  • Brigby
    Options
    madwren said:

@Dotproduct Yes. Customer Support has all the tools necessary to assist you in restoring your account.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I would recommend sending in a support ticket, as that will be the best way to ensure your account is properly restored.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby do we know recharge times for the new PVE? Also will Hour of Devastation be a coalition event?