Clarifying Quicksilver's Blue Passive

Options
cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
So I've never really used QS before using him in the Blue Shift PvP that just ended.   I was taking a run at 575 and almost blew a gasket when I was making blue matches and instead of the AI taking a hit I was taking a hit.  I'm pretty sure, upon reflection, that I've figured out why, but I'm curious to know if the design makes sense.

My take on the mechanics:

• With 2 QS's in play, blue matches result in 2 TU tiles getting locked.  The player that matches blue triggers their passive first, the opponent then triggers their passive second.

• If there are 3 locked TU's on the board and you match blue YOU get hit b/c your QS locks the 4th tile and your opponent then triggers their blue passive with 4 locked tiles on the board.  Basically you are penalized b/c your QS triggers their passive first.

This just doesn't seem right.  Personally I think if your blue match results in more than 4 locked tiles being on the board, you should trigger the passive and your opponent should take the hit.  I am, admittedly, a bit biased on this topic.

Just curious to know what others think about it.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nope, it's right according to the text. You just have to let them make a blue match when there are three locked tiles.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's right the way it is. There's always a big risk. For example, there could be three locked tiles, so you wait for your opponent to match blue. Right? Right.

BUT!!!!!!! Then your opponent does Quicksilver Green before matching blue! And you get hit. So you never know!!!

I usually try to match away the locked tiles until after I've defeated QS.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, if they've already made a blue match and there are two locked tiles, I won't match blue again until after they do.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I think it's right the way it is. There's always a big risk. For example, there could be three locked tiles, so you wait for your opponent to match blue. Right? Right.

BUT!!!!!!! Then your opponent does Quicksilver Green before matching blue! And you get hit. So you never know!!!

I usually try to match away the locked tiles until after I've defeated QS.
    Finally figured that out after I calmed down.  Wish I had seen your post beforehand!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Worst is when there's 3 locked on the board, I set up the enemy to make a blue match thinking I'll get the AOE, then the enemy hits me with fists of fury. So he makes another locked tile, then matches blue and hits me.
    With that and my Carol facing lots of enemy Carols, I took more unexpected AOE attacks than I wanted in that event.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Whoever matched it gets the locked tile first. The locked tiles don't belong to anyone.

Greens creation of locked tile does not make blue activate.

In that pvp, match when there are 4, who ever does gets the explosion. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 2 Quicksilvers, you want to match on 2 or 4 locked tiles, not on 3. It's fairly simple once you remember that.

And it is behaving correctly, with 4 locked tiles on the board and a blue match, the AOE will activate. Its not when you make the 4th locked tile.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's nothing to clarify.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you drop a Thanos pink while 4 tiles are locked, no matter who makes the match both teams take damage.  Was not fun to find out right at the end of a match.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Let's just be happy that the "You go boom! I go boom! Everybody goes boom!" blue Cascadeathon is over.

• cpeyton3535
    Options
    Thanks to all who commented.  Much appreciated!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just bring Quake :)

(in before "but she's vaulted")
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tell you what, I got some weird thing happen on a game. We both fired off at the same time.

Other team had 5* Thanos and he'd dropped his purple. So once a blue match happened, it fired their AoE. But since tiles can't be changed, the locked tiles were still locked...so it immediately triggered *my* AoE right afterwards.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds reasonable to me. A similarly funny thing happens if you use Diabolical Plot once an infinite power tile is out. You do the (hopefully huge) damage, and get to keep your traps. Similar hilarity presumably ensues if you attempt to remove the Infinite Power tile by firing Wilson's Gambit (this I haven't actually tried). and etc...