Move back new release pvp events

shartattack
shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
How much more entertaining would new release pvp events be if they took place after the character had a full season in the current 12?  It would incentivize people to cash in their hoards, and motivate people to champ characters faster.  Using a useless 1/1/1 loaner makes for a boring event.  Being able to use them at full power, after people have had time to build them up, would make for a better experience.  

Thoughts?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does always seem weird that we're doing these new release pvps, and everyone other than whales and hoarders only has it basically with a few covers. You don't really get to see how it works.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    It does always seem weird that we're doing these new release pvps, and everyone other than whales and hoarders only has it basically with a few covers. You don't really get to see how it works.
    From a financial standpoint that is probably exactly what they want.  Force the whales to blow lots of cash to cover them super quick for the small edge that provides.  
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if you finish top 10 in the PvE and get 4 covers, then get the progression in the next PvE for another cover, a 5 cover 4* isn't really an edge at all.  He still won't even have 10k health and you'll have to keep using healthpacks on him if you keep using him.  Heck, the 3 cover loaner is a better bet for that alone (especially if you run Thanos).
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Nah, most people are in an even playing field with the loaner, despite running into the occasional whale. Also we all get to try out the new character.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    In general, the point of the loaner is to show you a good portion of what the character can do, let you play with them, and get you interested in collecting them.

And even once collected, the loaner still may be more powerful for a good long time - using the loaner C4rol in the event where she was essential for a PVE node let me see that I REALLY wanted to change my cover distribution once I champed her. The loaner had less health, but it had that black at 5 covers and that meant a fortified PB tile, vs a "Geez, put it down here and hope it doesn't get matched away".

Without the loaner, sure, I'd have gone and looked at the wiki and started adjusting stuff based on best appearance - but I wouldn't have been able to get the same sense of the difference between 4 covers and 5 in play.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    @Orion that's the truth. Junkyard Wars (as is all new release pvp) will be  PanThos fest. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    FokaiHI said:
    @Orion that's the truth. Junkyard Wars (as is all new release pvp) will be  PanThos fest. 
    That loaner is Thanos bait.....
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    You push back the 4* PvP, you push back when it goes into tokens by another season. I'm sure no one really wants that.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    You push back the 4* PvP, you push back when it goes into tokens by another season. I'm sure no one really wants that.
    Re-read the first post, because that's not what was suggested.

If the purpose of delaying the 4* PVP is to let people cover the new character before their featured PVP, clearly that would not push them back going into tokens by a season, because that would utterly defeat the point.
  • shartattack
    JHawkInc said:
    Ducky said:

If the purpose of delaying the 4* PVP is to let people cover the new character before their featured PVP, clearly that would not push them back going into tokens by a season, because that would utterly defeat the point.
    I would change the "run pvp before they enter tokens" rule.  A character needs 2 featured pve's before they can be in a Crash; why would they be featured in a pvp where the majority of even the top 50 players will be using the loaner?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Ducky said:

I would change the "run pvp before they enter tokens" rule.  A character needs 2 featured pve's before they can be in a Crash; why would they be featured in a pvp where the majority of even the top 50 players will be using the loaner?
    Because you don't get a loaner in Crash
  • shartattack
    MojoWild said:

Because you don't get a loaner in Crash
    Of course.  However, for current 12 characters, everyone who has played enough to get a cover in progression has at least 1 for 1 one-time event, or for a 3 day pvp where they are used many times.