Bag-Man Covers?

Options
ZeiramMR
ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
After 2-3 months of not receiving any Bag-Man covers, quite possibly since the Bags to Riches PVP, I've pulled four today. Unfortunately, all the purple cover that I had at max.

Wondering if this is a strange case of RNG or if he has become more frequent in the PVP cover drop pool?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've gotten one since rostering him. Frequently pulled him pre-pvp. I almost want to roster Yelena to see if I stop pulling her.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once you champion him such that any cover is usable, you'll probably stop receiving his covers all together.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got 3 this past week. Lvl118
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realize it could have been a confirmation bias thing, but would have been a very unlikely jump for random chance. Thanks for the comments.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I once had 10 over the course of a lightning round cycle. I didn't have him rostered at the time, and couldn't spare a slot for him so I sold them. The next time I got one I rostered him (that was just before his awful PvP). He's now 4/1/3, and one of those came this morning.

Randomness is streaky.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think Bagman has ever been an essential...

I had a mini flood of Bagman covers a while back, so I rostered him, but he's been stalled at.. what is it, 1/4/1, something like that.. ever since. It's easily been over a month, probably more like two, since one has dropped for me.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got 2 last week, prior to that I hadn't received any covers since his PvP event (not sure how long ago that was) which was also when I champed him.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After his PVP event, I decided to roster him 5/3/4, 3 months ago, I got a purple bagman, I think I let it die in vine, didn't bother to sell it.  Just today I got one in Magneto LR seed, it's a yellow cover, going to wait see if more rng of his covers show up to champ him eventually...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get one Bagman about once every 3 months. I used to win a few per month, before I had him at 13 covers, and they were all useless dupes. I even went all in on tokens at the recent tournament, but it just gave me other 2* covers, instead of the one of my dreams. Sigh...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got two today.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've managed to get him to like, 3/3/5 or something over the course of nearly a year. I hardly ever play lightning rounds beyond the first 3 seeds, though, so when I do get one it's like "oh hey! I forgot about that guy!"
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a champed level 101 Bagman that is the envy of all. I give out his Team Up as a gloating reminder that I have such a magnificent character. I like to think my alliance mates are seething in envious rage of my Bagman. The one time a year he is in the 2* required PvE node I laugh maniacally at all the fools and cretins who do not roster him.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Buddy of mine has 2 champ'd Bag-Mans (1 Maxed, the other climbing)...just so he can send out more than 1 Team-up to another member of our Alliance =).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    After 2-3 months of not receiving any Bag-Man covers, quite possibly since the Bags to Riches PVP, I've pulled four today. Unfortunately, all the purple cover that I had at max.

Wondering if this is a strange case of RNG or if he has become more frequent in the PVP cover drop pool?

I haven't seen Bag-Man since his PVP event, but I have noticed that when I get covers, either 1* or 2* in PVP, they tend to be the same color of the same character for that entire play session.  For example, last night, I got 5 1* covers getting to 575 in Quicksilver's PVP.  All five were red 1* Iron Man.  Earlier in the day when the lightning rounds began, I got 3 yellow 1* Iron Man and 2 1* purple Spider-Man covers in two different rounds.

Granted, it could be either sample size or confirmation bias, but it does really seem that I've gotten clusters of the same cover in PVP more than I would have expected a couple months ago.  Who knows?

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had a Bag Man maxed out at 94 for a few months (before champing was a thing).  Eventually sold him to make room for, you know, worthwhile characters.  
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've said for months that something is a bit wonky with the draw system.  RNG tends to come in steaks.

I think it has something to do with draws being done on the server side, so people can't force close and get a new draw before a bad one saves.  Your next draw is saved server side somewhere, before you draw it.  That much has been explained by customer service.  But, streaks like this makes me think that value is failing to update from time to time.  Happens to me frequently from lightning round winnings.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have been building (or at least trying to build...) a second Bag Man since my first one was at about lvl.132, but that second one has been stuck at 5/0/2 since his PVP in april at least. Had a while where I didn't get covers in PVP at all, but all covers I have won have been purple and none other.

The 2 yellow covers I have on the dupe are from his PVP too, so that makes for at least 10 purple covers in a row, with my main Bag Man at 143 now. I'm not ready to call this a bug or failure of RNG just yet, but it's definitely a statistical outlier in my opinion. Would be nice to get a few other colours any time soon, but I have a feeling I shouldn't trust that's going to happen.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I have a champed level 101 Bagman that is the envy of all. I give out his Team Up as a gloating reminder that I have such a magnificent character. I like to think my alliance mates are seething in envious rage of my Bagman. The one time a year he is in the 2* required PvE node I laugh maniacally at all the fools and cretins who do not roster him.
    And by champing him, you are safe in the knowledge that any team-ups you send out will have the maximum possible AP cost, no matter how you've configured your Bag-Man for personal use.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Dormammu said:
    And by champing him, you are safe in the knowledge that any team-ups you send out will have the maximum possible AP cost, no matter how you've configured your Bag-Man for personal use.
    I'm a villain. What do you expect?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple months ago I pulled 3 Bagman covers in a row from a lightning round.  If I'd drawn a fourth I was going to send a note to CS assuming I'd encountered a bug.  It's probably just RNG lunacy, but maybe there's some sort of probability boost for sequential pulls.