Rage-quit led to shocking discovery!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So yes, I rage-quit sometimes. By this I mean I press the back button on my phone to trigger the option menu from which I exit the battle.
Doing this has led me to a shocking discovery! And I won't have an easy time explaining this without being misunderstood so bear with me.

Here goes.

Rage-quitting works all the time; during tile-swapping, during enemy tile-swapping, during skill-animations AND during cascades

However if the enemy makes a move that sets my health to zero rage-quitting does not work. The animation needs to finish and I need to see the DEFEATED screen. 

So far, fine.

HOWEVER x2. And here comes my discovery:
when the enemy team gets a cascade that will eventually kill me triggering the options menu to rage-quit does not work. It's like the game calculates the damage from the cascade before it's even half-way done!

How can the game know that the cascade will kill me, if the cascade isn't pre-programmed?
Does the game cheat on us?

I would need some help testing / verifying this.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This is old news and has been discussed many times before. It's not shocking. You're basically watching a video of the AI making a move--everything has already been calculated.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, they used to run the XP banners the moment they knew that you were going to win the match. So you'd make a move, and then you'd get the XP banner, and then a few seconds later, after numerous cascades, the Victory banner (sparkly).

Even if this is happening, you can still rage quit. Just switch to a different app, and then switch back. Presto! Magic!
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Computer knows the end results from when you make a move until your turn comes up again.  I was using winfinite to clear DPD wave node during the bug and victory banner came up as soon as I sniper rifled won the second to last wave node.  Little did I know that the switch blue countdown would go off during my next turn resulting in a massive cascade and big head X blowing everyone up.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I miss the win banner before the final turn ended. That may be my favorite bug of all time. 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 said:
    Yeah, they used to run the XP banners the moment they knew that you were going to win the match. So you'd make a move, and then you'd get the XP banner, and then a few seconds later, after numerous cascades, the Victory banner (sparkly).

Even if this is happening, you can still rage quit. Just switch to a different app, and then switch back. Presto! Magic!
    I miss this wonderful bug? feature ?. Love it when you got that XP banner, but it wasn't obvious how you were going to win.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    dokiy said:
    I miss the win banner before the final turn ended. That may be my favorite bug of all time. 
    It was a great moment in time, but I'm glad it didn't become permanent as many people asked.  It would be a great idea to reinstate it temporarily if they ever did an event around a notable time traveler like Cable.

Edit: Or a psychic
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I miss it too......some of the funky/passive teams I run will win on the start of my turn before I move in odd ways (I won a LR match with mischief today already).  Would add to the entertainment value of those matches for sure.