4* DDQ: Wasp vs Antman

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
No fuss for lv273 Wasp at 5/3/5. Had a poor starting board, but managed to bait Antman into letting me make a match-5. When he used Ants!x3, I immediately stunned him with Wasp Sting and removed all but one of his Ants tiles. Another Wasp Sting downed him after I stole black AP

For underlevelled, undercovered Wasps, prioritise blue and black, while keeping an eye on yellow and purple. Try to stun Antman, and if he has any of his special tiles out, do your best to match them away, especially when he's stunned. Try not to spam yellow, so that he will have nothing to steal with his blue

LT got me Mordo black to put him at something like 8/4/5 or thereabouts. No plans to champ him; he's still at lv70

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/3/5 lvl 196 got it first go no boosts, I wasn't particularly strategic in this one but ended up with enough black for 3 stings in a row.
    LT was a green hobofist to make him 2/5/0. I foresee duplicate sadness in my future 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Won on my 2nd attempt with a 5/3/5 level 278 wasp.

First board was terrible and he kept firing ants and practically zero black for me.

Second attempt much better and was able to her blue going enough to stun him when using black.

unusable gamora black for my effort, but did get a champ level carnage bh too. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/1/4 first try had an opening match-5 in blue for me, and quick yellows after that. Was touch and go as Ants Ants Ants fully resolved and he just got enough for his purple after I got enough for the black stun. That bought me just enough time to win the race. Can definitely see how things could go poorly for this matchup.

Meant to hoard as I've got too many dead cover options, but misclicked as I was opening the others and got a R&G Green for 0/1/3.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I respeced my Level 275 Wasp to 3/5/5 for this fight. I usually run her at 5/5/3 while she's with Medusa and C4rol, where I tend to use C4rol's black over Wasp's, plus yellow at 5 adds to the strike/shield buffing. 

But I figured in a single fight it would be better to have the strong nuke and extra turn for the stun, not to mention I wouldn't want the strike or shield tile too strong in case he got his blue out. 

Anyway, he got the better of me the first try. No matter what I did, he seemed to be set up perfectly for purple matches. He shrunk down, and a few turns later hit me with Grow and it was over. 

Second try, he matched a That Buzzing Sound tile early, then I hit him with Wasp Sting. I got enough black during the next three turns to hit him again, even though he had 147 health left. Finished with 12833 health. Token to the hoard. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4th try on a 127 2-2-2 wasp. Had to get blue ASAP to bait him into matching it often and denied him purple at all costs. He got two ants ants ants off but a stun help me clear the board of them. Built up 20 Yellow and waiting til the end to do it back to back to back. Won with 200HP left. Got 4* rocket and groot plus a bonus draw of rocket and groot (blue and Green respectively) 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lv. 250 5/2/5 Wasp.  Got yellow matches early, fire off special tiles and cruising.  Then the board is very unfavorable to me and he's able to flip my strike tile and match away the protect tile.  Now he just wears me down as all I am able to make is weak match after weak match thanks to dearth of yellow and black tiles and bad placement of the blues.  He survives with just 385 health.  2nd attempt, get yellow fired off early again and cruise to an easy win with over 11000 health remaining.  Guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

LT gave me green Sandman bringing him to 2/4/2
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First try with lvl 277 Wasp at 3/5/5. Matched blue and black, stunned him a couple of times, he matched my countdown once and never fired a power. Won with 12k+ health left. Token got me a Coulson champ level.

I think I've offended R&G - they never come around any longer.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won, first try 3/5/5 L276 Wasp. Starting off, getting 6 blues in 2 turns, Antman got enough of his purple to use his Pym Particles, collected black/yellow to prepare for the attack in a few turns.

What's that buzzing sound landed a 4 match row of purple, Antman took the bait and took the 5725 counter attack damage. Used Tactical Intuition and Wasp Sting, killed him with match damage at the end. Wasp didn't take too much damage 9532/14322

Stockpiling LT for future pulls.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time effortlessly with L243.
  • legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Several tries but done with a lvl 131 2/1/3 Wasp No boosts. Went for blue first, used yellow a few times to get protect tiles going and won after hitting several black.

Missed a stun because I thought I had 8 blue when I had 7 but didn't matter.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Have a champ Wasp around mid 280s. Prioritized blue to get the AP theft/retaliation CD going quickly. It took four or five potential matches with a CD before Ant-Man finally took the bait, and I had managed two yellow casts and a black or two in the meantime. Matching the CD left him with 100 or so health.

LT turned into two champ levels for Carol... first cover gave me another LT which was also a Carol.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 152 1/4/5 and got him first try. Just focused on matching Blue and Black. After a nice cascade I was able to stun him with black while building up for another when the stun wears off. When the stun wore off for the second time he only had 2k health left. And what is the first thing he does? That's right, match my blue countdown. A lot easier than I thought it would be. LT gave a Mordo cover for my maxed Mordo. Guess I'll champ him...
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try at 274 ran at 553 by accident.  Never even got the blue punch off, just AP denial

had about 13.2k health left when I finished up.  
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/2/3 175 Wasp, no boosts won on first attempt without any difficulties. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/5 Wasp at Lvl 209. Couple of blue matches early on, and the board had plenty of black, so it was a piece of cake. Got a gree Hobofist cover, taking him to 3/5/3.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/2/3 here. I almost got him this morning. Had him down to less than 1K health but I ran out of black and couldn't stun him the last time to finish him off. I had a favourable board with easy blue & black, and I focused on denying purple if there were no blue or black to be had. Unfortunately he got his yellow off twice and despite matching many of the CDs away, it proved just a bit too much.

So next run I'll have to also watch his yellow.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Snuck out a win with my 5 cover Wasp!
    3 yellow, 2 black. 218 health at the end, but a match-5 turned into a great cascade to pull this one off.

Token turned into Hawkeye, and then a bonus pull of Hulk! 

Pretty happy with the outcome of a match I shouldn't have won.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options

Not surprising, but Lv270 5/3/5 Wasp won pretty handily with no boosts.  Got some early blue, did a wasp sting (or two?) and he matched my buzzing countdown for the win.  The token gave me a blue 4* Iron Fist, making him 5/3/1.

I wonder if Ant-Man will face her instead of Jean now in a few weeks/months/whatever?

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/1 lvl 189, took 4 tries and I caved and used boosts for the last one. Still not terrible.

Got a Mordo, I think
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him this evening with +2 all to help me get started. Good board, got him stunned, and though he did get his yellow once, it didn't do enough damage to take me down before he helpfully matched a blue buzzing tile to take himself out. 

Carol champ level with the token.