A week playing standard without mythics - Trials of the planes (Platinum)

Options
2»

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options

I was inspired to make good use of cheap cards from this thread.  I went total pauper today, Standard, Common or Uncommon only.  Went 8-1-1 (one lockup).

That said, I did pick a fairly powerful planeswalker, Tezzerett the Schemer (Tezz2)

• Trail of Ambition
    • Cartouche of Ambition
    • Stir the Sands
    • Final Reward
    • Blightcaster
    • Tezzerett's Ambition
    • Caves of Koilos
    • Jhessian Thief
    • Fleshbag Marauder
    • Scrapskin Drake

I was able to Blighcast nearly anything the AI brought out to the ground and let my creatures ping away...

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really need to check out @Mainloop25 's Blightcaster video. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Day 2:  Chandra 1.  My first planeswalker in MTGPQ.  The first and only mythic I had after 3 months of playing was Dragonmaster Outcast.  And when I realized that she couldn't even put a dent in some of the story mode Eldrazi I made a rant on the forums about how this game was impossible.  Oh memories.

Anyway, I expected this to be a huge challenge and yet managed an 8-1 march to victory.  The heroes were once again Metalwork Collosus and Heart of Kiran.  These colorless juggernauts are just so strong that it tends to make this challenge much more manageable   Special shout out to glorious end which absolutely drug me from defeat to victory in 2 different matches.  My one lost was to a Nahiri Zoo on the overpowered node where he deployed a SR, Avacyn, and boomship on turn 4. 

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I went total pauper today, Standard, Common or Uncommon only.

"Pauper" is common only.
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

"Pauper" is common only.

This made me realize that I've been mistaking Pauper with Peasant for years, never having played either format seriously in paper MtG; always good to learn something new!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dodecapod said:

"Pauper" is common only.

This made me realize that I've been mistaking Pauper with Peasant for years, never having played either format seriously in paper MtG; always good to learn something new!
    ::sigh::

What about budget? Is that acceptable :tongue:

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Dodecapod said:

"Pauper" is common only.

::sigh::

What about budget? Is that acceptable :tongue:

Yeah. We'll have to go with budget.