Who gives the Best Team ups?

Options
MaskedMan
MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
The best characters don't always give the best team ups and some low level toons give great ones.  What team ups to you love to see appear when you request team ups from your Alliance that aren't characters you normally play?

4*Ghost Rider Penance Stare ROCKS absolutely if I don't have to actually PLAY GR.

1* Black Widow's Stun is actually pretty sweet for a 1* character that any beginning player can give out as a team-up.

Either of Loki's powers.  His purple is always nice to have in pocket and his black can be a game changer when someone like Blade fills the screen with attack tiles or stupid Wasp fires her yellow a few times. 

2* or 3* Captain America's Blue or Red power.  Who cares what the power does, when the count down expires you get a pile of red or blue tiles!  Very under rated IMO.

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another cheap stun is iceman's blue.
    AV yellow is quite handy for team invisibility
    2* Bullseye black (even though it's expensive) is good for 5* teams. Two critical tiles anywhere you want them, maybe creating a match 5 or two! Yes please!
    1 star spiderman also helps with critical tiles.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Deadpool. Either a solid AoE, or a nice cheap hit on anyone above about 6K health.

2* Storm. 50/50 chance, but her blue is awesome.

Ares: I've got a couple of teams I use a lot (e.g. Medusa/Blad3/C4rol) that end up with a ton of green, but don't have a use for it. Onslaught Teamups can be awesome there.

2* or 3* Cap red or blue: In addition to what was previously mentioned, as long as they're at 5 covers, you can overwrite any tile with the countdown, which can be incredibly handy when there's an enemy Special Tile off in the corner or something.

GSBW: Her purple is just amazing, never gonna say no to that. Her green is expensive without her self-acceleration, but great AoE and board shake.

Yelena. I know, I know. But still, Payback Mission has saved my bacon a few times against hard-to-get Special Tiles. I often end up with a couple of those after DA-heavy PvEs, and I never toss them.

2* or 3* Captain Marvel red. Niche, but excellent for Nodes with Bullseye and a couple of higher priority targets, or Brute Mindless ones or something. 3* pops all Protect Tiles at 5 covers, which is awesome against someone like Falcon or CMags (like in the final node of Thick as Thieves).

Moonstone's black. You really want it at 5 Covers, and the ones you get from PvE are always at 3, unfortunately, but this can absolutely destroy teams that are relying on buffing just a couple of special tiles.

2* or 3* Thor yellow. Great green battery and board shake.

Either of 3* Iron Fist's. Purple is probably the better because it's more versatile, but his green can be great too, especially if you've got someone around with an expensive black, so you're likely to have the 12 around at some point for the double tiles.

1* Hawkeye: He's basically useless as an actual character because he's so squishy, but both his powers are actually pretty good at 5 Covers.

Blad3 black or Torch green. Semi-niche, but the repeating countdowns are great with C4rol when you don't have room on the team to actually take a character like that.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    XFW's black is a good nuke to keep in your pocket
    Doctor Strange Blue is a neat thing to have also
    3* Magneto Red or Blue
    All of 3* Cyclops powers
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Boosted 4* tu's da best. This is a nuke tu - https://ibb.co/ekRWUa

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted 4* tu's da best. This is a nuke tu - https://ibb.co/ekRWUa

That damage when it resolves is just stupid.....
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some good/decent TU that haven't been mentioned yet.

Nuke:
    Riri's Red: 1k per ap nuke (unboosted).
    Drax's red: Another nuke.
    3Cage's yellow: Classic nuke
    3Pun's red: For boss fight.
    3Spidey's yellow: Nice nuke when things start to go down the hill.

Stun
    DD's blue: Still a decent stun, imo.

Board shake
    Jugg's green: Cheap board shake.

AP steal
    OBW's purple: Got nerfed a while back when champed characters always give power at 5 covers. (The best is 3 covers)

Special tiles removal
    JG's purple: Tiles removal is still one of the best out there.
    Howard's blue: Another good tile removal + 3 turns stun.

And

Bagman's Snarky Remark: Increase the counter on the chosen tile by 4 (or 10 if you have 6 web tiles around).

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gwenpool's black.  Niche use, but it launches your whole team.  Handy if your team is suffering from stuns, or to avoid a nasty countdown resolution like C4rol Black or Muscle Blue.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Colossus: fastball special. No one ever sends this, but I might start asking for it. It's great one to have on hand.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teen Jean gives great TUs - Green gives special tiles, purple takes them away, both with AoE dam

GSBW has two good ones, both her sniper rifle and green generation are nice.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Teen Jean gives great TUs - Green gives special tiles, purple takes them away, both with AoE dam

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Teen Jean. She's always one I give out as a team up.  The number of times her Purple has outright won the game for some of the lower leveled members of our alliance is downright scary.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr f.
    stun, ap gain, protect tiles, match 5 all for the low low price of 7 tus
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agent venom gives team invisibility. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Really? Nobody mentioned Rulk purple? Drain all enemy green AP and generate 7 for yourself, yes plz.

Granted, green isn't great as a TU but it's 50-50 since he can't send his passive.
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Eichen said:
    Agent venom gives team invisibility. 
    This is by far one of the most powerful teamups.  You team can not be touched for a couple rounds.

Plus if you are stunned it breaks your stun.

I love this teamup

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interestingly for 5* rosters 2 of the best TUs are 1*...mbw blue obvs but also 1* Hawkeye. Other than that yes whales, GR black and any reasonable 4* has a big hit when boosted. HoboFist, Mordo, Riri, Kate and probably a load of others too.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At 5* and 4* play, 1* give the best.  Spider-Man is awesome with 2 crit tiles.  Crit tiles often tips matches since the damage is around 4000-9000 at those levels.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AVenom's Yellow is fantastic.

IW's green does massive damage.

People send me LC4 a lot. His red does quite a lot of damage, especially if there are no special tiles on the board.

Riri's Blue can be great against enemies who make all the same color special tiles.

Kate's powers are very strong as well.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like Spider Woman. She has a pretty good nuke, especially when boosted, and her purple is a nice little utility power when there's a bunch of stuff on the board that you'd like to get rid of.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yelena's ability that turns special tiles into crit tiles... really  handy against fortified tiles :)