Tell me it's ok to abandon 'ol Blue Eyes for the fifth time

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
I think I've been trying to champ Thing for about six months now.

I had him at 12 covers for a long time.  Months, possibly up to a year.  I got his 13th just before vaulting was implemented.  At the time he was my top choice to champ.  I only had two or three other max-covered 4s, and I like Thing as a character.

Then I pulled my 13th C4rol.  Sorry Thing, you're gonna have to wait.
The next round after recovering my 2* farm, I won a Thing cover from an event.  OK, Thing, it's your time!
Oh... um... that 3rd red Medusa cover came in, and I'm sitting on three more for her.  Ahhhh... urrrrg... sorry, Thing.  Medusa's just too darn good.  I've got to get her champ levels rolling in sooner than later.

OK. Now I've got 3* Torch sitting at level 222 with 8 covers in queue.  I'm kinda busy champing Cage right now.  I know, I'll sell off the first Torch cover, because the others are 7 days behind it.  7 days is plenty of time to finish my current and buy me enough time to recover the farm and generate champ Iso.  This time we're gonna do it!

Torch covers cashed in, Thing cover in queue.  13 days to go, but I've got 3 Rocket covers and just pulled the lucky 13th from a heroic.  I've heard good things, and Rocket's a latest.  There's still time.  Let's champ Rocket...

10 days remaining on Thing cover.  I've kept pulling legendaries and spending cp, because I like to.  I should have exercised more self-control and saved it until I was finished with Thing, because now I have a fully covered C&D with four covers waiting.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be selling that Thing cover.  Unless D3 holds a contest that awards 500k iso in the next week, I can't do both.

I feel bad for poor Thing.  He's been so close so many times!  Every time he thinks he's got the nod, the new hotness comes in and steals his thunder.  Just like every time he's ever  battled the Hulk - always a contender, never the victor.  Poor Thing.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    I think I've been trying to champ Thing for about six months now.

I had him at 12 covers for a long time.  Months, possibly up to a year.  I got his 13th just before vaulting was implemented.  At the time he was my top choice to champ.  I only had two or three other max-covered 4s, and I like Thing as a character.

Then I pulled my 13th C4rol.  Sorry Thing, you're gonna have to wait.
    The next round after recovering my 2* farm, I won a Thing cover from an event.  OK, Thing, it's your time!
    Oh... um... that 3rd red Medusa cover came in, and I'm sitting on three more for her.  Ahhhh... urrrrg... sorry, Thing.  Medusa's just too darn good.  I've got to get her champ levels rolling in sooner than later.

OK. Now I've got 3* Torch sitting at level 222 with 8 covers in queue.  I'm kinda busy champing Cage right now.  I know, I'll sell off the first Torch cover, because the others are 7 days behind it.  7 days is plenty of time to finish my current and buy me enough time to recover the farm and generate champ Iso.  This time we're gonna do it!

Torch covers cashed in, Thing cover in queue.  13 days to go, but I've got 3 Rocket covers and just pulled the lucky 13th from a heroic.  I've heard good things, and Rocket's a latest.  There's still time.  Let's champ Rocket...

10 days remaining on Thing cover.  I've kept pulling legendaries and spending cp, because I like to.  I should have exercised more self-control and saved it until I was finished with Thing, because now I have a fully covered C&D with four covers waiting.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be selling that Thing cover.  Unless D3 holds a contest that awards 500k iso in the next week, I can't do both.

I feel bad for poor Thing.  He's been so close so many times!  Every time he thinks he's got the nod, the new hotness comes in and steals his thunder.  Just like every time he's ever  battled the Hulk - always a contender, never the victor.  Poor Thing.
     That's the best advice right there. If you really want to champ him, stop opening new tokens, even for a week or two. That will stop the train of newer characters superseding him. Do you farm 2*s? Any chances of selling some of those to get the ISO needed too champ him and use the cover in time?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actively farming 2*, but I've got two awaiting rechamp, one in redevelopment, and only one at 144 right now.

As much as it hurts, I doubt I will ever use Thing, maybe not even when he's boosted.  That one cover will roll around eventually when Torch hits his third.  Beyond that, he's stuck in vault purgatory, and I don't see myself investing BH in him.  In the long run I'm looking at either a lv 271 vs lv 272.  Much as I'd like to give ol' blue eyes an ol' blue background, it would be nothing more than a novelty at this point.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pretty much the delimma for any vaulted maxed-covered character right now. Got my 14th Thoress in queue right now. I can champ in the next two weeks, but I also just got hobofist to 13 covers.

I should restrain myself from using cp, but I want to finish both r&g and gamora (both at 12 covers) while getting champ levels for Bl4de before he leaves the token pool.

Thing is a beast in pve and pvp when boosted though, but unlike Carnage or Reed at low level champed thing or thoress is, as you said, a novelty.

Edit: And just like that pull 13th R&g from a heroic token then 14th from a classic token. Oh well Thoress, one of these days I'll champ you.